Experienced General Manager/Artist & Repertoire (A&R) Director
Detail-oriented music industry professional with 13+ years of experience and a proven knowledge of artist brand management, market positioning, and artist promotions. Aiming to leverage my skills to successfully collaborate cross-functionally across organizational levels to build consensus, track benchmark achievement, and troubleshoot emerging issues in regards to artist and company relationship.
Flight Crew Entertainment-Chicago, IL General Manager (January 2017-Present)
• Maintains positive talent relations by developing a solid understanding of the music industry, to ensure that artists and industry representatives have positive experiences in the venue. Oversees each department in FCE by establishing the company’s schedule to facilitate the completion of specific tasks and projects, as well as our short and long-term goals. Works with department heads and respective departments to determine and coordinate tour, promotional tour and all promotional activity for an artist on the road, including local and national radio/promotion, press, retail, video promotional , new media and lifestyle marketing activity.
Desi & O Entertainment- Los Angeles, CA Music Supervisor (March 2017-Present)
• Negotiates deal points and contracts, prepare budgets, and attend scheduling meetings and spotting sessions. Oversee the compositional process, ensuring that the required music is being written, listened to, and reported upon. In addition to organizing music orchestration and copying.
Island Records Chicago/Groove Quest- Chicago, IL
Marketing Director & Artists and Repertoire (A&R) (August 2015-August 2018)
• Managed A&R coordinators and other A&R staff to achieve artist and company goals within budget and dictated timeline. Facilitated group meetings that created, wrote and found song selections for the company’s artist pool. Coordinated and assisted with all artist marketing and promotion endeavors to increase artist visibility within music industry. Made final decisions related to the publishing, manufacturing, marketing, promotion, production, distribution and touring decisions for the record label and their artists
Warner/Chappell Production Music- Los Angeles, CA Songwriter (April 2017-April 2018)
• Contracted with recording studios, studio musician, and recording engineers to write and produce multiple versions of a song. Utilized MIDI (musical instrument digital interface) technology to produce sounds through synthesizers, drum machines, and samplers covering multiple genres.
40 Acres Production- Chicago, IL Vice President (August 2012-January 2015)
• Served as signed artists’ liaison to the other departments at the label, making sure that arrangements were made for the recording of albums and that all accounting issues are handled in a timely manner. Responsible to stockholders for how fast they see a profit from their investments in artists and albums.