I’m a designer from South Africa
I’m Terniqua Gordon, a South African qualified Graphic Designer who currently live in the USA. I teach dancing and my passion is art and design, I’ve done several internships and done a lot of freelancing in the last 3 years. I am young, energetic and a bubbly person to be around. I’m always ready for a new challenge, new experiences and meeting new people.
Au Pair in America - Yardley, PA January 2019 to Present
- Looking after children when parents are unable to.
- Laundry and Cleaning of the household.
- Feed, bath and clothes the children of the House hold. 4. Drive to and from after school activities.
B-Rock Dance Studio - Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal July 2015 to Present
Teaching dance classes to young and old.
- Hip hop
- Contemporary 3. Break dancing
Kit-Kat Catering & Draping - Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal March 2009 to December 2018
- Setting up for events in venues.
- Arranging table placement.
- Setting up a buffet.
- Serving/ waitressing.
- Maintaining standards.
- Cleaning of the venue at the end.
IAmBrandedMedia - Johannesburg, Gauteng April 2018 to November 2018
- Attend meetings with clients.
- Draught and plan designs.
- Create and present designs.
- Design logos, business card, poster and other advertisements.
Ingwenya Breeze - Johannesburg, Gauteng August 2018 to October 2018
- Meetings with clients.
- Creating designs - booklets, poster, business cards, pamphlets, logos, page layouts and book covers.
- Worked alone and with production team. 4. Had to use PC platform and Coral Draw.
- Designing and presenting completed work.
•Graphic Designer Internship
Broadband Holdings - Head office - Johannesburg, Gauteng May 2018 to August 2018?
- Designing posters, flyers and advertisements for the College and Lounge. 2. Creating menus and brochures.
- Handled all printing and distributing of flyers/posters.
Veritas Nite Club & Restaurant - Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal February 2014 to January 2016
Door hostess/ Bartender
- Opening the club.
- Handling the cash register
- Cash up.
- Tags at the front door.
- Handling paychecks each week
Workbench Panel Beaters - Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal June 2011 to August 2011
Winter break Job.
- Answering the phone.
- Booking in cars and calling to collect cars. 3. Ordering car parts/spares.
- Handling the cash register.
- Handling paychecks each week.
•Associate in Fine Arts, Animation and Design
Centre for Fine art, Animation and Design - Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
February 2015 to December 2017
EngIsh, Afrikaans, Mathematics, Biology, Geography, Accounting, Life Orientation and Physical education
Pietermaritzburg Girls’ High School - Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal