• Experience in writing news reports, copy editing and document production.
• Speed and accuracy prime strengths.
• Strong technical command of English language.
• Familiarity with virtually all writing styles.
• Serious commitment to excellence in the printed and published word.
• A knack for meeting and beating deadlines.
• An abiding eagerness to improve, and to keep abreast of the latest.
• NTSE (National Talent Search Examination) scholarship awarded by NCERT (National Council for Educational Research and Training).
• QuarkXPress (Web and Print) Expert Certification.
• As Chief Copy Editor (on the City Desk) with Dainik Bhaskar’s DB Post in Bhopal: Editing and layout design. (Dec 1, 2015 – Sept 20, 2017)
• As a Senior Sub-Editor with The Tribune, Chandigarh. I’ve demonstrated the flexibility to work on different desks (Main, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal, J&K, Jammu & Kashmir Tribune pullouts, Amritsar & Jalandhar Tribune pullouts, Chandigarh and Ludhiana). Have written book reviews for the Sunday magazine and a couple of articles for Jobs & Careers. (Sept 5, 2011 – June 27, 2015)
• Copy Editor (Promoted as a Senior Copy Editor with effect from Aug 1, 2009) with The Times Of India, Chandigarh. On region, city and sports desks- Editing stories and working on the page layout in QuarkXPress and CCI. Wrote features, like one on early risers in the city getting a head start, and another one on hostel life. Wrote about how animal sacrifice on Kullu Dussehra has been carrying on for years and about Animal Welfare Board of India slamming Himachal Pradesh government on culling of monkeys. Wrote a first-person account of the experience and dilemma of one who can’t vote because someone else has already cast his ballot. (Jan 27, 2007 – Sept 2, 2011)
• As a Marketing Communications Writer and Document Production specialist with Quark Systems Pvt Ltd, Mohali. Copywriting for advertising layout; copy editing of technical documents (getting a hang of the Quark Style Guide for the purpose); typesetting (in QuarkXPress) and editing of images (in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator). (Jan 19, 2004 – Feb 17, 2006)
(Thereafter, took time off to prepare for the Civil Services Examination conducted in May 2006. Worked on a freelance basis with Red Alkemi, Chandigarh, writing search engine optimization articles.)
• As Trainee Reporter, The Indian Express, Chandigarh: Covered Telecommunications, Consumer Affairs, Consumer Courts, Gender Affairs, Civic Problems, Science, Education and Religion. Wrote for features supplement SimpliCity. (July 1, 2003 – Oct 31, 2003)
• As a News Services Provider, Asian News International, New Delhi: Was involved in production of teleserials Date Line Punjab and This Week in India. Did reporting for the news agency. (June 2003)
• As Contributor, Patiala Newsline, a weekly from The Indian Express: Covered developments, trends and human interest stories (Sept 1997 – Apr 1999)