Christmas time, mistletoe and wine…And of course, an outrageous office party. But it’s all very different when you’re a freelancer at Christmas. Especially a freelancer surrounded by friends who do work 9-5…
1. When you want to go out but all your friends are at their office Christmas parties:
2. And the even worse moment when you realise those extravagant dinners they’re going on about were paid for by their companies:
(And you’re broke because it’s Christmas.)
3. When they’re SO hungover (from their all-expenses paid party):
4.When they’re excited about being off for 2 days but your break basically started when your advent calendar did:
5. When literally everyone you know messages you on Facebook asking you to design their cards ‘as a small favour’:
6. When a client messages you on Christmas Eve:
7. How you feel when you refuse to handle that ‘urgent’ email you get on Christmas morning:
8. Trying to feign excitement when someone buys you ‘The Dummy’s Guide to Graphic Design…’:
9. …which is even harder when you’re actually an illustrator.
10. Trying to keep your cool when your nosy aunt asks if “you have a job yet” in the middle of dinner.
11. But it’s all seems worth it when your friends are all heading back to the office after Christmas looking like this…:
12. …and you’ve still got another week before the work really starts coming in.
What are your experiences of being a freelancer at Christmas? Tell us in the comments below or Tweet us your ideas!
More from Twine
Latest posts by Becca (see all)
- Why should I get my logo on Twine? - March 21, 2017
- The 5 content rules that will make your customers happy - March 20, 2017
- Behind the Scenes of the Hottest Startup Logos - March 20, 2017