Clowdy is a media sharing service that supports any media file type but I am excited to announce that we are launching a new feature this week that has a unique proposition. Simply, people can credit their role to uploaded content. This means anyone can build their digital portfolio by tagging their contributions directly to content – bringing together the creative industries in a way that has not been possible before.
This solves two pain points in the creative industries:
- They generally don’t use LinkedIn because their CV/portfolio is based on projects and content not their employment history. There are niche portfolio websites like Behance and Dribble but there’s not a broader solution for the music and film industries that cater for independent artists and a user generated network.
- Many people often collaborate on a project but few are recognised. Usually, its only the musicians or director that get the credit and not the session players, vocalists, editors, managers, producers and whole host of other people in the industries that work on a project.
Currently, online we’re not capturing the true network that’s happening offline. We believe this simple feature on Clowdy will begin to replicate the offline network and help people creative be recognised, discovered and build their portfolio in a simple way.
We will be launching tagging on Wednesday, so watch this space!
More from Twine
Latest posts by Stuart Logan (see all)
- Introducing Deposits! - June 9, 2017
- Equity crowdfunding: what is it and how does it work? - May 26, 2017
- We’ve raised over $1,200,000. Here’s what we learned. - April 26, 2017