According to various studies, videos will account for 80% of all Internet traffic by 2021. Therefore, companies are increasingly investing in video marketing.
This article discusses the different types of videos you should be creating for your business, as well as the benefits and drawbacks of each one.
Short videos provide information in a user-friendly format. For a minimum investment on your part, the viewer receives maximum benefit. Therefore, companies can use short videos in two ways: to put key information in them, or use them as a teaser. The latter will allow you to create a video version of a blog post, adding extra interest to your written content.
- Time. When you haven’t got much of it, you’re forced to talk about the main point. However, this makes them unsuitable for some products.
- Creativity. In order for a short video to be eye-catching, you need to consider your creative strategy carefully.
- Less effort. Creating a short video requires less time and planning, allowing you to create more content.
- Engagement. People are more-likely watch shorter videos.
Longer videos allow you to go into much more depth on your chosen topic. To increase conversion rates, their promotion should be supplemented by an advertising campaign. If the video contains valuable information, you can even set a fee for users to view the content.
- Planning. Creating a long video requires a lot of effort in planning, shooting, and editing.
- Opportunities. The lack of time allows you to submit information in any form. You’re only limited by your imagination and budget. For example, you can use the tricks from this article.
- Specialization. The information will only be valuable to users who are interested in the product. Therefore, be sure to hone in on your target audience.
- Great value. Video with valuable information will make the company appear authoritative. The more you invest, the more you’ll get back.
Creating a video is a time-consuming process and ideally needs to be created by a profession. Hire a freelance videographer if you need a one-time job or find an employee if you need videos on an ongoing basis.
For your video marketing to be effective, you need to think over the promotion channels correctly. One of the most popular traffic sources is YouTube, alongside regular social media. However, having a video is not enough to fully-engage your target audience. You will also need a dedicated landing page where viewers can be converted into paying customers. The pages’ attractiveness also significantly affects the effectiveness of the overall campaign. Therefore, you need to make sure that the page is easy-to-use and optimized for conversion. This will help you to achieve the results you want.
Live streaming is an increasingly popular medium. They’re most-often held on Facebook, Instagram and Twitch.
The great thing about livestreaming is that it allows you to interact with your target audience, which increases the chance of them converting into paying customers.
- Efficiency. Video recording and viewing occur simultaneously. Therefore, there’s no need to edit or post-produce the content.
- Interactivity. Live broadcasts require a quick response to questions from viewers.
- Urgency. Livestreams happen at a specific time. This increases the value of the event for the audience, stimulating the desire to engage with your business at a set time.
- Cost reduction. You can livestream from your smartphone. This reduces costs and makes live streaming an affordable marketing tool.
The variety of ways to communicate with users can be either successful or detrimental. It all depends on how well you know your target audience. Explore the different mediums to find what works best for you and reach your target audience using their preferred manner of communication.