Graphic Designer in Jackson Township, NJ, USA
Graphic Designer in Jackson Township, NJ, USA
At Standard Forge, we love waking up everyday to forge branding solutions for companies all across the country. This means staying up to date on the latest trends and techniques, but also keeping a solid footing in the past to understand what has worked and why.
We create brands that can stand the test of time by building a creative team with the resources to craft and present a consistent, trustworthy identity and message to a target markets.
About the Role:
We’re looking for designers that love solving problems to assist with multiple, upcoming projects. As part of a multi-disciplinary design team, you’ll tackle complex challenges and create new branding strategies for our clients. This role is specifically designed for someone who enjoys working on a variety of projects in a serious, but fun start-up environment. Passion for craft is absolutely critical.
- Contract to hire (potentially management positions)
- Project-based freelance work
- Work as member of a high-growth creative team
- Be an integral part of design team to develop campaign graphics for both print and online
- Illustrate concepts by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size, and style and related aesthetic concepts
- Prepare finished copy and art by working with Account Manager, Management, clients, and various vendors
- Create promotional materials on short notice for specific businesses designed to entice a target audience
- Execute complex projects as part of a team and through independent work
- Understand needs of clients in a variety of industries and translate into websites and applications that meet needs and expectations of customers
- Update and manage the company’s website, as well as those of our clients, with graphics and artwork
- Collaborate with other team members in order to meet deadlines
- Convert abstract client design requirements into original and beautiful layout concepts
- Provide, create, and edit graphics, images, and other visual representations for websites, social media, email campaigns, and print marketing materials
- Strong design sense for layout, composition, typography, and color
- Experience developing, planning, and printing collateral and print campaign materials
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe After Effects, Dreamweaver
- Experience with InDesign a plus
- Ability to manage time efficiently and multitask to meet strict deadlines
- Adaptability to change direction of a project on a moment’s notice
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, and an innate discipline to work independently
- Conceptual thinker who possesses a wide range of design capabilities including a solid background in digital design and digital best practices (email, website, animation, social media design)
- Basic understanding of WordPress, Drupal, HTML, and CSS, including understanding latest responsive design techniques
- Belief that great design creates impact, both in it’s ability to deliver needed solutions and delight through unexpected details
- Skilled at turning human insights into concrete designs
- Willingness to step out of your core skill set or discipline to find the correct solution to a challenge
- Distinguish between “good” and “great” work and clearly articulate the difference
- Bachelor’s Degree; or
- 2-4 Years Design Experience
- Professional Portfolio
- 2-3 recommendations
- Must be within an hour and a half of Jackson, NJ (Can work remote, but may need to come into the office at times)
This job description is a summary of the essential functions of the job and should not be considered an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible responsibilities, tasks,and duties.
Standard Forge utilizes a Portfolio-centered hiring process. We’re looking for high-quality team members who are excited by the opportunity to grow with us and are more interested in your ability and how you can contribute to our team. In addition, if you don’t meet the years of experience requirement, you can substitute a strong portfolio and additional recommendations.
This is a freelance, per project-based position with plenty of opportunity for growth. We have experienced rapid growth over the last year and are looking for strong candidates to grow into management positions. You will be part of a dynamic and growing team and given the early age of the company, you will have the opportunity to have a profound impact on our continued growth.
If you meet our requirements, complete the form on this page. Any application without a portfolio will not be reviewed. Please, no calls. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Standard Forge Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range?
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page