Front End Developer - Contract in London, UK
Front End Developer - Contract in London, UK
Front End Developer required to join our Customer Experience team on a 12 month contract basis in London.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
- Focus on user needs and optimum user experience
- Stay current with evolving standards and technologies, learning new skills as needed
- Integrate production-ready XHTML cross-browser compliant valid CSS into JSP coded pages in an integrated development environment
- Working within an agile team, contributing to daily stand-ups, sprint planning and estimations
- Contributing to the team’s focus to maintain Front End Quality through participating in coding reviews and adhering to Salmon coding standards.
Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and find new ways of doing things. A team player who is proud of your work and wants to share with everyone! You like working in a fast-paced environment and are driven by the desire to improve the online purchasing experience for everyone, no matter what they are buying and from where!
You will be client focused and be willing to be flexible when required to make them happy, including working at client locations.
The techy bit…. we need you to be really great at:
- Mastery of hand-coded XHTML and CSS, adhering to W3C coding standards. Table-free layouts; semantic mark-up; standards enthusiast.
- Commercial knowledge of JS Frameworks such as React and/or Angular.
- Bootstrap Responsive Design experience
- Willingness to contribute to both large, complex projects and smaller tasks as directed.
- Experience with GIT Version Control
- Experience of working within an Agile working environment
- Ability to work quickly and manage multiple projects and timelines.
- Great attitude, strong work ethic, excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
If you know some of this even better!
- Experience creating site architecture diagrams, UX wireframes, process flows.
- Experience designing for dynamic and template-driven sites.
- Creative, yet meticulous.
- Experience of industry standard vector & bitmap graphics packages.
- Experience of working with CMS platforms such as AEM or Sitecore
- Experience of working on Java projects would be extremely advantageous
- Experience with Grunt
- Experience with Bower
- Dojo JS framework and/or working with IBM WebSphere Commerce
- TDD/BDD methodologies using Unit Testing frameworks (eg Jasmine/Karma)
- Experience SVN Version Control
- Commercial experience of eCommerce platforms such as Magento or Hybris
Salmon is an award-winning global digital eCommerce consultancy with operations in London, Amsterdam, Beijing, Melbourne and New Delhi. We’re part of the global WPP group and Wunderman Commerce.
Our aim is to define, design and deliver dynamic, high performance, state-of-the-art eCommerce sites for the world’s leading brands. We work for some of the best… Audi UK, Akzo Nobel, DFS, Halfords, Sainsbury’s, Selfridges, Staples, Ted Baker, Xerox and YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP.
Our Salmon DNA is what pulls us all together. We want to make our client happy. Our reputation is based on having the best people in the business, who are honest and straight talking and really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about the innovative approach we take in everything we do and we are proud of what our teams achieve. We show respect for all and trust and empower our people and we won’t settle for second best!
As our business grows, so we need to find new people who share our values, work ethic and DNA. We especially want to encourage more Women to join us and take a key role in shaping and moulding some of the best eCommerce sites in the world.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
How would you prefer to pay for the project?
What’s your day rate budget range?
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee finding 3 relevant freelancers for an extra fee of $650. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page