Social Media Manager in San Francisco, CA, USA
Social Media Manager in San Francisco, CA, USA
Kiva is a mission-driven technology nonprofit that facilitates ‘loans that change lives’ in more than 80 countries. We run a global marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers and students around the world. Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity at a global scale.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
In just 13 years, we have raised more than $1.2 billion in loan capital for 2.7 million borrowers in 83 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva’s team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide.
About the role
Kiva’s work creates unique online marketing and storytelling opportunities that incorporate the richness of Kiva’s field work and community. The Social Media Manager must be both creative and strategic in leveraging the most compelling aspects of the Kiva model to increase engagement and expand Kiva’s reach to new audiences.
- Own overall social media strategy for Kiva, including leveraging partners and influencers, and increasing engagement across the Kiva community
- Report on social media metrics, identifying trends in results and opportunities for continued improvement
- Develop Kiva’s influencer strategy and cultivate an active group of celebrities, thought leaders and social media influencers who love Kiva
- Oversee content development for all social media channels, working closely with our design team and Kiva fellows in the field, and overseeing Kiva’s content database
- Manage 2-3 interns that produce and post social media content
Skills / Qualifications / Experience
- 4-7 years of digital marketing experience, including social media strategy
Skills and Other Requirements:
- Passion for social media and brand storytelling
- Strategic thinker with experience leveraging social media to build a consumer brand
- Track record developing effective social media campaigns to build audiences
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Data driven mindset with ability to leverage relevant metrics
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with internal staff and external partners
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Comfort with HTML, Photoshop or other photo editing software a plus
What we offer:
- An amazing mission and a chance to do work that matters. Here you can have an impact on real people, solve hard problems, and help change the world.
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues.
- Casual work environment, located in a beautiful office in downtown San Francisco.
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package.
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world.
- Include resume and brief cover letter explaining why you are interested and qualified.
- Be prepared to provide samples of prior work should you be contacted for an interview.
- Relocation is not offered for this position.
- No telecommuting: although we can offer a flexible schedule with the ability to work from home occasionally, this role is based in either our Portland or San Francisco office.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva’s culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range?
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee finding 3 relevant freelancers for an extra fee of $650. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page