Freelance Graphic Designer in Washington, DC, USA
Maga Design is seeking an experienced (freelance) Graphic Designer to join our dynamic team in Washington DC! This person would work on a 1099 basis.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
Maga Design Inc. is a design communications consultancy, headquartered in Washington, DC with additional locations in San Francisco, Charleston, and Camp Hill, PA. We are strategists, designers, and communication experts committed to building powerful visual tools that inform and inspire stakeholders to work toward the success of their organization. Maga Design is a 2016 Davey Award winner and a seven-time recipient of Inc. Magazine’s 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies.
The ideal candidate is an energetic, self-starter with a passion for the power of visualization, creativity and design who will fit in among passionate, committed, intelligent, savvy, and fun professionals. This position is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to join a fast growing company and work with an influential team on a government site.
A Maga Design Communications and Information Designer is extremely detail-oriented, organized, well-versed in the principles of strong design and has experience in the Adobe Creative Suite, AfterEffects and PowerPoint; they possess an eye for both a government and commercial design aesthetic, and excel in information design and layout with the ability to create and develop visual responses to complex communications requirements.
Dazzle us! Send us your resume, cover letter and any portfolio materials or work samples.
- Design conceptual graphics and strategy maps based upon brainstorming sessions and direction from account teams
- Assist in building/preparing files for printers and clients
- Review concept sketches or mock-ups with the art director and account teams
- Design best practice tools and software.
- 3-5 years design/production experience
- Able to wireframe and create working compositions for online interactive design using Adobe Creative Cloud 2016.
- Strong knowledge in: principles of graphic and visual design, information layout and printing specifications
- Design skills: web, print, illustration, typography, layout, and production
- Strong aesthetic sense, conceptual skills, ability to bring messages to life, and clearly communicate ideas through different mediums
- Ability to multi-task, take on several projects, meet deadlines, organize, and communicate
- Ability to collaborate productively in large interdisciplinary teams
- Must possess excellent oral and written communications skills
- Computer skills: Macintosh OS X, Microsoft Windows XP, Adobe Creative Suite 2016, Microsoft PowerPoint and Keynote skills required. Experience with AfterEffects and Adobe Captivate a plus.
- Experience with Information Technology projects a plus
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design, Liberal Arts degree, or equivalent
Please include a cover letter and your portfolio of relevant work-- Candidates without cover letter and portfolio of work will not be considered. Tell us about you, what qualifies you for this position and why you want to join the Maga Design Team!
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range?
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee finding 3 relevant freelancers for an extra fee of $650. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page