Freelance Editor, Brand Marketing in Los Angeles, CA, USA
PMK•BNC Los Angeles is seeking a part time freelance Editor with a proven track record for producing bold, strategic, and persuasive editorial content, focusing on a world-renowned client within the virtual reality space.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
PMK•BNC is a strategic marketing and communications firm that specializes in Entertainment and popular culture. PMK•BNC represents many of the world’s most prominent actors, actresses, directors, films, production companies, television properties, musicians, authors and content creators, as well as leading consumer brands and prestigious special events. The firm employs a staff of more than 300 professionals spanning offices in Los Angeles, New York and London. PMK•BNC thrives on being ahead of the curve and works with their clients to create ideas that build engaged audiences and connect with consumers through popular culture. PMK•BNC is a part of Momentum Worldwide and McCann Worldgroup within Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG).
- Create original storytelling content on client’s website and blog
- Develop unique editorial content that feature real people that helps build a connection and results in better metrics
- Research VR industry and engage audiences across multiple platforms, both writing and editing accordingly
- Coordinate and conduct interviews and shoot photos and videos for social
- Build and maintain a library of reference materials on the agency server to ensure consistency and accuracy of brands’ copyright and trademark information, etc.
- Work with accounts team to ensure video and all creative assets are optimized for performance and posted to relevant social channels
- Ensure stories stay on strategy and within budget
- Revise, edit, and proofread content as needed or directed
- Identify any mistakes others might have missed by reviewing and suggesting corrections on a variety of written material to improve its accuracy and readability, suggesting solves for any spelling or grammatical errors and ensuring that it is free of error, omission, inconsistency, and repetition.
- Respond to feedback in a timely manner
- Work within tight deadlines on a project by project basis
- Utilizes agency resources appropriately and effectively Brand Marketing, Brand Communications, Creative Services, etc.
- 2+ years within an advertising or similar agency setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Design, Advertising, or related field
- Experience and understanding in VR, content creation, and mobile technology strongly preferred
- Strong writing skills, preferably within tech innovation and content creator’s side
- Knowledge of the mechanics of writing: punctuation, spelling, structure and organization of writing
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and demonstrate problem-solving skills, while maintaining diplomacy, courtesy, professionalism, and a customer service attitude
- Have an understanding of data tools, and know how to market their own content
- Ability to independently take initiative and work efficiently, exercising reasonable judgment in a fast-paced, multi-task environment
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office programs
- Team player
- Portfolio required to demonstrate creative and technical skills
- Attend team and client meetings onsite as needed
- Available to travel to for events or interviews as needed
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range?
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee finding 3 relevant freelancers for an extra fee of $650. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page