Freelance Group Creative Director in Chicago, IL, USA
Current is a dynamic team of brand marketing, public relations and digital veterans leading an independent agency owned by the Interpublic Group (IPG). With offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco, we work with iconic brands and blue chip clients to develop highly strategic and creative campaigns, collaborating across our four talent-led communities: Client Experience, Insights, Content and Integrated Media. Launched in 2006, Current offers an exciting career opportunity for entrepreneurial leaders.
Current is seeking a Freelance Group Creative Director to join our creative team. We are looking for someone to spearhead the development of fully integrated campaigns (yes, really: full funnel, multi-channel, big picture) campaigns, partnering with a small and mighty team based in Chicago.
You will be instrumental in helping to translate our client’s objectives into crafted messages and visuals for focus group testing — and for consumer audiences. We’re looking for a candidate who has the vision to define conceptual creative approach — and the attention to detail to ensure that all our outputs are beautifully crafted.
Our ideal candidate is big on partnership and low on ego. S/he believes that agencies must be strategic partners that help drive our clients’ businesses forward. Unfailingly curious, s/he has fingers on the pulse of culture — pop, fringe, and nerd. And s/he understands that context is as critical as craft when evaluating a creative idea.
- Partner with strategists and account teams to develop creative solutions and campaigns that strengthen clients’ market positions
- Collaborate and concept across integrated teams and across platforms
- Oversee art directors, copywriters and videographers to create full-funnel content for clients
- Promote continual improvement and inspire colleagues to create world-class, pioneering ideas
- Lead concepting, creative development, and presentation for new business efforts
- Collaborate with teams across the region and the agency to maximize strategic resources
- Stay up to date with cultural and industry (ours and our clients’) trends
- 12+ years of relevant experience, including experience in an agency setting
- Understand strategic rigor and how to translate strategy into powerful ideas
- Experience delivering creative assets for earned, owned and paid strategies
- Experience leading the production of creative assets across media
- Knowledge of interactive design, user-centered experience design, digital marketing trends
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both internal and client-facing
- Proven track record of business growth, both new and organic
- Experience building, leading and mentoring high-performing teams
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment
- Collaborative team player
- Exceptional judgment when working with clients, teams and vendors
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial and endlessly curious
Current is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Current recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range?
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee finding 3 relevant freelancers for an extra fee of $650. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page