Freelance/Contract Position - Senior Web Designer in Boston, MA, USA
About the Senior Web Designer position
Verndale has an immediate opening for a contract Senior Designer. The assignment will last 6-8 weeks and has the possibility of becoming full-time should that be of interest. We are looking for a Senior Web Designer with professional, interactive design experience. The ideal applicant must be a creative thinker who is able to work independently and collaboratively with other members of an Experience Design (XD) team to ensure designs are consistent with Verndale’s high standards for aesthetics and usability. The work requires a strong understanding of user-centric, web design principles with a consistent focus on user experience (UX) best practices. Ideal candidates will have experience with Responsive Web Design (RWD) and the ability to design web sites for mobile use.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
- Design engaging and high quality, responsive web solutions
- Communicate ideas and concepts clearly and concisely to clients and internal team.
- Work closely with Project and XD teams to understand and translate requirements
- Develop and maintain visual design libraries and UX pattern libraries for consistent design
- Effectively communicate with developers and other project team members through implementation phase to realize design vision
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in graphic design, visual communication, or related field
- Responsive and mobile web design experience required
- Strong web design/visual design, layout, and typography skills with excellent attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of UX processes and methodologies including responsive web design
- Proficient to expert in both Sketch and Adobe’s Creative Suite
- 6-8+ years’ designing experiences online
- Online Portfolio of work required
Verndale is a customer experience agency, purpose-built to help marketing and technology leaders connect the dots of the consumer journey. From our offices in Boston, Los Angeles and Quito, we design and build digital experiences, and enable marketing technologies that bring brands and their customers closer together.We know that in order to do great work, you have to make work great. Verndale is committed to always being a company that celebrates diversity, equality and inclusion. We strive to recruit and retain people who are committed to creating the climate of respect that is essential for individual and company success. Verndale’s services are built around a core methodology that encompasses Growth Strategy, Experience Design, Technology Enablement, and Experience Optimization.
Lean more about Verndale at www.verndale.com
Ten great reasons to work for Verndale
- Rapid growth company of 20 years maintaining start-up company feel
- Laser focus on cutting-edge technology and killer service offerings to clients
- Internal promotions that are frequent and do not take years to achieve
- Collaborative, open, work environment
- Beautiful HQ building in Boston; easily accessible to the train and free street parking
- Culture that values open communication between Managers, Employees, and Partners
- Free lunch Fridays at noon and drinks at 3:00pm
- Dog friendly office – woof!
- Flextime to create positive work/life balance
- Nine company paid holidays and 3 weeks paid vacation at date of hire
Compensation & Benefits
Verndale is proud of the fun, diverse, and respectful company environment we enjoy on a daily basis. Competitive compensation, a profit sharing bonus program and comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k) savings plan with company match are offered to all full-time employees. Ample company paid holidays and personal time off make having a work-life balance possible. For some roles working from home on an as-needed basis is a definite possibility; we believe in hiring the best and keeping our own happy and motivated.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page