Freelance WordPress Website Developer - 3 month contract in Cambridge, UK
We are looking for an experienced and passionate WordPress Developer to work with us on an exciting WordPress development project beginning in January 2019 and last for 3 months (with a possible extension to 4 months). The role will be freelance, working remotely (reporting to
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2 years working with WordPress
- Excellent HTML, CSS, jQuery, Bootstrap
- A good understanding of PHP & MYSQL
- A working understanding of Gulp/Grunt, SASS, and GIT
- Experience developing cross-browser responsive websites
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility and security
- Team player with ‘can do’ attitude
- Be able to work to deadlines
- Be organised and pro-active, with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to think through and solve problems.
- Exemplary communication skills with an excellent standard of spoken and written English
- Understands GDPR compliancy
- Understands integrating MailChimp on a WordPress website
- Social media feeds for Facebook and Twitter plus RSS feed
- Experience using third party plugins such as SEO Yoast and WooCommerce
- Knowledge of RBS Worldpay, Paypal or Sagepay as interface for all financial transactions including direct debit
- Knowledge of adding multiple languages to a WordPress site
- Knows dynamically updating site maps
- Adding donation options to WordPress websites
- Handling memberships on WordPress websites (plugins fine)
- Developing subsites within WordPress
Nice to Have’s
- Experience working in a fast-paced agile agency environment
- Experience in using Woocommerce
- RESTful API development and consumption – JSON/XML/SOAP
- Wordpress Plugin Development
- £200.00 to £225.00 /day
- WordPress: 2 years (Preferred)
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page