Freelance Brand and Packaging Designer in San Francisco, CA, USA
We are looking for an experienced and collaborative Mid-level Graphic Designer to work with our in-house Creative Studio as a design contractor. You’ll work on a variety of project types, from packaging to marketing collateral and print production - all in support of our Flagship line of products for home and personal care.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
The Mid-Level Graphic Designer role will work primarily on packaging and print design projects. This person should be highly creative, detailed oriented with a strong eye for typography, layout, and color. Expert capability with Adobe CS is required. Advanced experience in preparing files for print production is also required.
- Graphic design for new and existing products, ensuring a cohesive look + feel, reflecting the Grove brand
- Packaging, print and icon/illustration development
- Collaborate with other Designers, Social and Growth teams to create positive customer experiences
- Preparing production-ready files for vendors
The ideal candidate will have experience in projects such as:
- Development of new packaging for home care and/or personal care products.
- Maintaining existing packaging system.
- Development of marketing collateral (Brochures, Direct Mail, Event Signage).
- Bonus if you have experience in developing graphics for email and social campaigns
- Minimum BFA in Graphic Design
- Minimum 3-5 years’ professional design experience
- Strong portfolio with relevant project types for this role
- Experience working with, creating and translating brand style guides
- Excellent communicator who takes direction well and is willing to learn
- The ability to present and talk through your design thinking
- Comprehensive knowledge of Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, Adobe Acrobat)
- Previous on-press experience a must
- Solid design background with basic understanding of typography, color theory +interface design/layout
- Basic understanding of social media and the latest trends associated with the technology (research when needed)
- Previous experience in the CPG space (food and beverage a plus)
- Motion graphics knowledge a plus (Final Cut Pro, Flash +After Effects)
- Product and lifestyle photography styling experience a plus
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment-can be scrappy, creative and resourceful while also building structure and process
- Can work fast under tight deadlines
- Fun, collaborative attitude, understanding the value of teamwork and positive communication
Let’s do this
We’re building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It’s a heck of a lot of fun, and we’d love to tell you more about it.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page