3rd Party Pipeline Developer in USA
We’re looking to work with third-party developers who have experience implementing ftrack into creative pipelines for a production environment. We’ll provide you with a client that needs a developer to help implement ftrack into their pipeline.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
This role is open to anyone globally and is ideal for freelance developers looking for their next gig.
ftrack is for teams who collaborate on creative projects. It is used by thousands of users in over 60 countries working in advertising, animation, film, episodic TV, games and VR projects. Often, projects are being run around the clock, in multiple countries with thousands of artists working towards schedules which are constantly changing. We have clients that have won many awards and are household names, and also boutique studios who punch above their weight.
3rd Party Developers will have a contract between the client and themselves to complete a project with a mutually agreed scope and have priority access to the ftrack support and development team for any critical issues. This is a fantastic opportunity to be introduced to new creative studios and expand your professional network.
What you’ll do
- Act as a consultant to facilities looking to adopt ftrack, understanding their requirements and gathering their specifications for workflows and integrations
- Develop custom tools and integrations using the ftrack API and frameworks to accommodate to the studios’ pipeline and workflows
- Guide the client to best practices and help set up their workflows using ftrack
- Flexibility to commute and work from the client’s facilities during the project
Who you are
- You are able to understand customer requirements and translate into actionable tasks
- You are familiar with working as a consultant and working towards a set of requirements
- Strong knowledge of Python, PySide and ftrack API
- Held previous roles as Pipeline TD or similar
- Working experience in post-production relating to CG or VFX with strong knowledge of 2D and 3D workflows
- Knowledge of high-end creative software: 3ds Max, Maya, Nuke, Cinema 4D, Houdini, Unreal Engine, Unity, etc.
- Understand the complexity of requirements at creative studios (VFX and/or games)
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
You might also have
- Fluency in a second language
- Remote, Worldwide
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page