Freelance social media producer/editor in UK
We are looking for a part-time, freelance social media producer/editor to generate engaging and powerful social content across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
We are a medium sized grass roots charity working on the refugee crisis within Europe.
We are looking to grow our audience significantly and increase support for our critical work across Northern France supporting refugees living in extremely vulnerable and challenging conditions. The role will include liaising with volunteers and partners on the ground and translating this into interesting, bitesize pieces of content for social media.
Key skills and experience required:
- Excellent, professional knowledge of how to produce engaging social media content
- Excellent copywriter with an ability to translate complex and sensitive narratives into easily-accessible online stories
- Basic design skills using PhotoShop, Canva or similar programmes
Experience of using social content generators such as Tweetdeck, HootSuite or Sprout Social
- Experience of working on digital campaigns
- Knowledge of targeted Facebook advertising
- Ability to maintain and develop a brand working within messaging guidelines and using the appropriate tone of voice
- Experience of working on sensitive issues and/or with people living in poverty/vulnerable situations
- Basic video editing skills (desirable)
- Experience of working on refugee and migration issues (desirable)
- Excellent judgment and integrity
- Sensitivity to the complex issues involved in the refugee crisis
- Ability to respond quickly and flexibly to a fast-moving news agenda
- Ability to respond creatively to a challenging media narrative
Candidates must be able to work flexibly and responsively across the week from home. The role involves 7-14 hours of work each week.
Interested candidates, please apply online including a letter explaining why you want this role and what skills and experience you would bring.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page