Web Development / Code Instructor in London, UK
Are you a committed developer who loves sharing your knowledge and building confidence in others? Do you want to make code accessible to the world and become a role model for new professionals?
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
We’re looking for developers like you to craft quality online courses for .NET, Frontend or Java on OpenClassrooms, Europe’s leading online learning platform (over 3 million monthly users). OpenClassrooms’ mission is to make learning accessible. This means showing a wide variety of people that they can code if they have the drive to learn and the quality support they need.
This is where you come in! With the help of our education team, OpenClassrooms teachers:
- write course text,
- design learning exercises,
- record demo screencasts,
- and work with our video team in Paris to shoot face-cam videos.
Work is flexible and can be done on a freelance basis from anywhere. Above all, it’s rewarding; you’ll continue making a difference in your field and support the developers of tomorrow.
If inspiring future developers matters to you and you’re passionate about sharing your experiences, then apply now to make an impact.
Who are you?
- You are a Java EE developer, .NET developer, or Frontend developer.
- You have the skills for writing professional content in English and presenting clear concepts to a camera.
- You are looking to take your skills to the next level by building engaging learning experiences for future developers.
- You love the idea of sharing the tips and tricks you’ve acquired and influencing a wide population of learners.
What do we offer?
- We offer a freelance contract for one or more courses.
- We provide constructive feedback from dedicated instructional designers.
- We are happy to collaborate while you work from any location for much of the creation process.
- We extend a warm welcome to our Paris office and studio for a media training and your video shoot.
Do other opportunities at OpenClassrooms fit your profile?
Consider becoming an OpenClassrooms mentor! Both our instructors and our mentors are experts in their field and passionate about education, so don’t hesitate to apply as both! While our instructors are involved in content creation, it’s our mentors who work with students directly. OpenClassrooms values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
To become an instructor for one of our future courses, you must have an expertise in at least one of the following subjects:
- .NET: Docker, .NET app security, NoSQL Databases, RabbitMQ, Advanced .NET Debugging
- Frontend: Vue.js
- Java: Spring Boot, Spring Data, Advanced Java (Concurrency, Async programming, lambdas), Advanced Java Debugging / performance, Spring Security.
- Android: Firebase (Kotlin)
Please include a cover letter, as well as an additional writing sample (if you have an article, essay, or link to a blog post that you can share, that’s perfect; otherwise please include a paragraph explaining a complex concept).
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page