Freelance Senior Experience Designer in Austin, TX, USA
Seeking a Sr Experience Designer with financial services background.
Note: only local Austin candidates apply, no relo.
The Sr Experience Designer would be responsible for the user experience framework for our clients customers within Financial services
The Sr Experience Designer is responsible for developing documentation (site maps, transaction flows, sketches, scenarios, wireframes, navigation models) leveraging existing/building new online capabilities and personalization (across products, channels, experiences).
This is not a back-seat support role in addition to collaborating with the Experience Lead, as well as other team members including other Information Architects, Content Strategists and User Researchers, and others from our Creative, Technology and Strategy groups, you will also work closely with the client to review deliverables. A firm understanding of user-centered design processes and interaction design principles will be crucial to your success here.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Creating the information architecture and interaction design
- Personalization (across products, channels, experiences)
- Understanding target audiences’ needs, tasks, and goals and translating them into creative concepts and functional components
- Working closely with team to translate business requirements into meaningful interactive experiences
- Leading and/or participating in immersive user research, concept testing, and usability testing
- Developing and/or participating in the development of user personas and scenarios to clarify results of user research and focus the team’s design efforts on the needs of key users
- Collaboratively developing prototypes for demonstration of concepts to clients
- Conducting competitive audits and market research
- Developing and documenting detailed user experience specifications for highly interactive interfaces
- Participating in User Experience thought leadership in both the company and the industry
Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to execute on complex transactional interfaces, taxonomies and metadata frameworks, and templates for content management systems
- Demonstrated experience conducting user research and translating user research into design decisions
- Demonstrated experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions
- Demonstrated ability to develop big ideas, and execute flawlessly against them in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- High tolerance for ambiguity matched only by your desire to organize it
- 5+ years’ experience as an information architect, interaction designer, or experience designer (or similar role)
- Degree in a related field, such as Library Science, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Technical Communications, English, History, Anthropology, Economics
- Advanced proficiency in a variety of design tools including Visio and/or InDesign, as well as the MS Office Suite
Please include resume with portfolio link
Note local Austin candidates, no relo.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page