Graphic Designer (Freelance) in Austin, TX, USA
We are looking for experienced contract/freelance graphic designers, experienced primarily with PowerPoint, Google Slides and InDesignwho are best at making great visual presentations and graphics. You’ll be supporting a small but quickly growing agency, working with B2B organizations primarily in the technology industry.
You’d be a great freelance candidate if you hit many of these traits below:
- Your up-to-date portfolio speaks for itself
- You have solid mastery of PowerPoint (required) – you are well versed in designing in PowerPoint (not designing in another tool and pasting into PowerPoint)
- Visual problem solver—you dissect complex information to simplify and abstract it for easier audience digestion
- Comfortable working with other staff members acting in executive, messaging and account management roles
- Comfortable acting in a lead design role on a project in some cases, taking direction from a lead designer in others (working in a supporting role), but also working as a partner to the lead designer in brainstorming design concepts
- Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time
- Able to review content and draft and understand enough to make sure the design of the page makes sense vs just making it pretty
- Asks questions until the next steps are absolutely clear in their mind’s eye
- Has experience working in technical industries
- Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines
- Strong presentation design portfolio with 2+ years of design work experience preferred
- OS – Primarily, Windows. Secondarily, OSX
- Software skills should include mastery and efficient use of PowerPoint, - Google Slides and InDesign
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter - needs to be able to work with limited direction
- Flexible - comfortable with quick turn around times
- Able to work partially during US Central Time Zone working hours
- Excellent English, spoken and written
- Comfortable working remotely, using tools such as Skype and Zoom and cloud-based project management software (i.e. Wrike)
- $30.00 to $75.00 /hour
- Indesign: 2 years (Required)
- graphic design: 2 years (Preferred)
- Powerpoint: 2 years (Required)
Our team is based in Austin and San Francisco; everyone works remotely.
We are looking to form a committed relationship, offering a minimum number of hours each month (40 is our target, but this is negotiable) with a strong likelihood of additional hours as business demands.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page