Freelance Copyeditor/Proofreader in Rockville, MD, USA
As a Copyeditor/Proofreader, you will review, copyedit, proofread, and perform quality control checks on content. Assigned documents may include reports, summaries, newsletters, abstracts, research publications, monographs, multimedia materials, exhibit reports, media advisories, scripts, training materials, public relations materials, and other technical and nontechnical information.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
What Will You Be Engaged In Day-To-Day?
- Analyzing requirements to determine level of effort needed for assigned editing and proofreading tasks.
- Copyediting or proofreading written text as assigned.
- Coordinating layout and organization of materials and other documents according to prepared outlines and specifications.
- Ensuring accuracy and completeness of documentation.
- Adhering to style guides such as Government Publishing Office and AP style, as well as the specific styles of various clients.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
What Qualifications Will Help You Succeed?
- This position requires a B.S. or B.A. degree in an applicable field of study, such as journalism or writing, or the equivalent education or experience, plus a minimum of 4 years of experience in editing and proofreading documents related to project assignments.
- Excellent written communication skills, including flawless English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Proficiency in the editorial style of the U.S. Government Publishing Office and AP.
- Proven working experience as a copyeditor or proofreader, and an excellent portfolio.
- An eye for detail along with critical thinking.
- The position requires initiative, dependability, and discretion in dealing with proprietary information.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page