Freelance Project Manager in Portland, OR, USA
ABOUT SMITH & CONNORS
We are a boutique agency (read: small and passionate) comprised of three Partners, a handful of employees, and a talented mix of freelancers. We design and build strategic brands and websites for businesses and organizations on a mission.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Are you both detail-oriented and creative, with an impeccable sense of humor? Do you love design and technology? Do you yearn to collaborate with designers and developers while keeping them on track to bring great work into the world? Are you great with clients, using your astute emotional intelligence to balance client demands against strategy and budget? Then we like you and you might like working with us.
We are looking for someone who can quickly and fearlessly step up to manage one or more of our projects, knowing that your past experiences, resourcefulness and can-do attitude will allow you to take on any challenge that comes your way. We are also looking for that special personality that is strong enough to lead teams and manage client relationships, but collaborative enough to enjoy working closely with our Directors (Creative, Strategy, and Technology) to solve problems. We are a tight-knit environment and culture serving society’s change makers. As such, big egos won’t work well here, nor will those who don’t enjoy working in close proximity to others.
- Lead one or more projects through the discovery, strategy, design, and production phases. Many of our projects are complex and digitally-centric (think web design and development) while some are purely creative (deep strategy, branding, collateral design, etc).
- Communicate with clients, fielding feedback, questions, and scope creep—keeping them in-the-know through a tailored approach to tracking reviews and deadlines. Manage each project’s scope and timeline to keep it on track and on budget.
- Strategically manage studio PM tools, such as Trello, Asana, Harvest, SmartSheets, etc.
- Work with the Creative, Strategy, and Tech Directors as the quality control police, assessing all deliverables and client-facing communications before they make their leap into the world.
YOU MUST BE:
- Extremelydetail-oriented and passionate about process, relishing the minute details of complex projects with fastidious QA.
- Highly capable of leading projects remotely, managing a multidisciplinary team comprised of both staff and freelancers
- A fabulous communicator—both with clients and as a part of our team. - We value thoughtfully written emails and conscientious verbal communication.
- A leader who loves rallying the troops, steering the ship, and other metaphors.
- Excited about working with designers, writers, clients, developers, people.
- A native to interactivity in mobile and web formats.
- Serious when necessary but able to enjoy a good laugh.
- Able to identify and escalate potential problems before they arise.
WHAT YOU’LL ACHIEVE WITH US
- Elevate organizations on a mission
- Deliver iconic brands
- Create beautiful websites with stellar user experiences and admin ease
- 5+ years as a Project Manager or Producer in a design or development agency
(please do not apply if you have not managed projects for an agency)
- Multidisciplinary production / project management experience preferred
- Proficiency with leading PM tools
- History of delivering projects on time and on budget
- project management: 5 years (Required)
- creative agency: 5 years (Required)
- Branding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Web Design: 1 year (Required)
Our studio is located in Portland, OR, currently located at SE Hawthorne and 42nd. You would be working remotely for this job, but we would like the option for you to be able to join us in person for meetings or work sessions if possible. Portland residence isn’t necessarily a requirement, however.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page