Freelance Writer and Editor Internship in Los Angeles, CA, USA
Majour Magzine is a up & coming pro curve fashion, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle magazine for women ages 18-35. We’re looking for passionate beauty, fashion, entertainment and lifestyle writers to help tell our readers what’s happening in the world of fashion, beauty and entertainment etc. If you’re always up-to-date with the latest news and trends in any of those category’s. And you have some experience in creating flawless online articles. You’d make a perfect addition to our team as one of our intern writers. An ideal candidate will have a passion for one of the listed category’s and the ability to create factual quality stories that will keep our readers engaged.
- Writing 2 stories a month
- Editorial research and curation
- Working with staff on content ideas, story calendars, and coverage
- Finding or creating 2-3 High Quality Photos/videos for your stories
- Work with our social media team to market spotlight content
- Occasional commission based product and artist features starting 2019
- Ability to multitask
- Working towards a degree in journalism is a plus
- Experience with Word press and social media platforms is a plus
- Basic photo editing/ cropping skills is a plus preferred
- A great sense of self-motivation, and the capability to work independently
Benefits & Perks
- Exposure: Build your name by getting eye’s on your work
- Your Voice: The chance to write about topics you care about in your own voice
- Audience: Majour Magazine reaches thousands of women monthly worldwide
- Self-Promotion: Posts will include bylines to help you promote your blog and services
- Perks: Covering and attending entertainment events when possible
- Flexibility: The ability to work remotely/from home at your own pace
- Experience: Learn about digital media, editorial best practices, marketing, News gathering, and more!
- Hours Required
Job Type :
- Internship, Commission
- 10-15 hours per month
- We offer college credit for this internship position.
- Editing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
Starting 2019 commission based fashion, beauty and product features will become available to interning editors and writers.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page