Java Developers - REMOTE in Chicago, IL, USA
SAIC is seeking multiple Java Developers “All Levels” to join our team supporting work for the U.S. Army Human Resources Command.
These are REMOTE / Work From Home positions.
The developers will be part of a team that is enhancing/upgrading applications in an enterprise environment. Responsible for the design, development, and fielding of enterprise application solutions for the US Army Human Resources Command.
- Works with graphic designers and other members of a project team to develop the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the website. Responsible for interface implementation.
- Integrates web applications with backend databases. Deploys large web-based transaction systems using application servers. Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the integration of new products per production and client requirements.
- Requires strong navigation and site-design instincts.
- 2 to 5 years of software development experience developing Java web applications.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field;or a Master’s degree in a related discipline and zero years professional experience. Four (4) additional years of related experience considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.or an Associates degree in a related discipline and 4 years’ related experience.
- Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle, SQLServer, or similar databases
- Experience using version control tools such as Subversion.
- Experience with software development processes such as SDLC, Scrum, or similar.
- Experience with JEE/JSP Containers such as WebLogic, JBoss, or Tomcat (or similar)
- Creative problem solving abilities and strong work ethic.
- Ability to take high-level requirements and compile them into development tasks.
- Ability to estimate tasks based off of technical debt, level of effort, and complexity.
- Ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment.
- Ability to provide mentoring and coaching to less experienced team members.
- Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple deadlines.
- US Citizen, No dual citizenship.
- Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract .
- Must be CompTIA Security+ certified.
- Must obtain a related certification relevant to the computing environment, such as Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer, with the first 90 days of employment.
- Must be enrolled in CompTIA Continuing Education program.
- Experience with Java Design patterns (MVC, DAO, Singleton, Factory, etc.).
- Experience supporting JVMs in Unix/Linux/Windows environments.
- Experience with frameworks such as SpringMVC, JasperReports, and Hibernate.
- Knowledge of SOA to include SOAP/WSDL and RESTful services.
- Experience using Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, or NetBeans.
- Experience with shell scripting, parsing, and analyzing log files with REGEXP.
- Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer or Oracle Certified Professional SE 8 Programmer.
- Virtual / Remote / Work from Home
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page