Mid-Level QA Engineer (Part-Time, Remote Possible) in New York, NY, USA
Candidates with CMS Test Experience, Preferably Drupal, will be Strongly Considered.
This position can be 100% remote. But STRONG preference will be given to local candidates in New York City.
Being a Quality Assurance Engineer at our Client:
The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for performing daily analysis and execution of the test efforts of multiple product releases across several different platforms, providing valuable feedback for developers, and also providing accountability to deliverables. This mid-level position is considered the ‘journeyman’ of a test team, providing integral depth to facilitate efficient test execution. Mid-level QA Engineers also will lead smaller test teams, appropriate to their experience level.
Typically QA Engineers at our client are involved in the following activities:
- Testing software over many platforms (Web, Mobile, Tablet) in both manual and automation capacities
- Testing and validation of data for front-end and back-end, primarily within a CMS base
- Comfort with pivoting test capabilities into the bespoke application and creative technology builds
- Analyzing and identifying software defects
- Reporting testing results in detail using bug tracking tools
- Tracking and monitoring defects throughout the development cycle
- Developing and maintaining comprehensive test plans and requirement matrices
- Working closely with Engineers and Producers
- Encouraging and maintaining standards and process for workflow efficiency
- Supporting application deployments
- 3+ years of manual testing of progressively more complex web development (including mobile/tablet) projects
- 3+ years documenting and managing defects in specialized software (preference is Atlassian/JIRA, but a background in Redmine, FogBugz, YouTrack, Trac, etc. will be satisfactory)
- 2+ years experience writing test suites/test cases
- 2+ years agency, development shop, or startup testing experietest-driven
- test driven development, whether in a supportive role with development or directly in control of test production
- 1+ year of experience manipulating design/framing toolsets in an inspection capacity (Invision, Zeplin, etc.)
- Manipulating and testing CMS, preferably Wordpress, Drupal, Adobe AEM, and Sitecore
- Requirements gathering, management, and compilation into valuable testable scenarios
- Read and intelligently analyze inspection tool data
- Fluent English language and business writing skills
- Exposure to multiple types of SDLC/STLC (Agile, Kanban, Waterfall, etc.)
- An innate ability and drive to uncover defects, with an analytical, curious, and meticulous personality
- Management of multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously and under pressure
- Interest and motivation to specialize within the testing field SQL queries used within ticket management systems
- Understanding of database schemas and SQL, and exposure to multiple database types (MySQL, MongoDB, etc.)
- Exposure to automated testing, particularly Selenium, Gherkin, Behat, Cucumber Exposure to versioning systems, such as Git or Stash
- Exposure to behavior driven development
- Android and/or iOS application testing experience
- Exposure/beginner level in one of the following specializations: accessibility testing security testing load/balance testing database testing UAT execution and management globalization/localization testing automation testing (not as defined above) user experience testing game theory, etc.
- Programming capabilities/background Computer Science, software engineering, or interactive media educational background
- Exposure to IoT and hardware testing
- Exposure to Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign for web development usage
- Exposure to continuous integration (and monitoring tools, like Jenkins, Airbrake, etc.)
- Atlassian Cloud administration: JIRA, JIRA Agile, Confluence, Stash, Bamboo, etc.
- Role Expectations: Become a contributing member of the QA department’s overall vision
- Research, present, and implement best practices and cutting edge toolsets
- Go beyond the baseline expectation and work to provide valuable insight to developers 1-4 projects on the tester’s plate at any one time
- Work to provide granular, neutral, and valuable critique for developers to improve their craft
- Genuine interest in working with bleeding-edge, boundary-pushing technologies and apps
- provided by Dice
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page