Freelance Accessories Designer in London, UK
- Competitive + Benefits
Freelance Accessories Designer- 2 days a week
Urban Outfitters is a constantly evolving brand and has experienced incredible growth over the last few years. We need talented, dynamic and creative people to join us on this exciting journey. Currently there are 34 stores across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Denmark, Sweden and Belgium and is rapidly expanding into Germany, Benelux and the rest of the UK in the next 12-24 months. Urban Outfitters in Europe is solely accountable for their own buying, merchandising and selling.
We are looking for a talented Freelance Accessories designer to join our fast-paced team.
- Developing an innovative and commercial range of fashion products to meet business requirements across the UK and Europe for stores and online.
- Designing products which exceed the Urban Outfitters customers’ expectations of the brand, whilst remaining commercial in approach.
- Designing products with an awareness of price architecture, margins and selling prices.
- Working closely with the buying teams on colour palettes and trends for the coming seasons
- Working with the buying teams to define the collections and to produce them to reflect the Urban Outfitters concept whilst ensuring commerciality remains.
- Keeping abreast of current season sales and create fast-react product in season to meet demands.
- Continuing to complete inspirational research.
- Reporting into the Head of Womenswear Design
- The understanding of Urban as a trend maker and leader with the know how to take it to the next level.
- Portfolio should be very directional and demonstrate an ability to think outside the box.
- Be very detailed from concept stage through to specs and final designs.
- Creativity and style.
- Good understanding of hard accessories design and development.
- Proven track record of delivering in season product.
- Proven ability of managing internal relationships and communications.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Excellent commercial acumen with the ability to identify new opportunities with exceptional communication and presentation skills at all levels.
- Proficient CAD – Illustrator/Photoshop skills.
- Need to be experienced working with a global supply base
- A confident communicator, you will be very well organized.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page