Account Director - Marketing - freelance in London, UK
W2O Group is an integrated marketing agency with expertise in brand and digital strategy, creative development and communications services. We work with clients to craft their positioning, strategy, and messaging, as well as supporting connection with customers across multiple communication channels. Our goal is to give our clients an unfair advantage.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
Our teams have the right perspective to pivot to today’s landscape and anticipate tomorrow’s. We are experts in audience architecture, mind-blowing creative and agile multi-media campaigns. Our work is created with the end in mind so it makes executional impact which ripples from local market communities to global stages.
W2O Group is looking for driven, savvy game changers who are ready to dive into the trenches and make an immediate impact. We are currently seeking an Account Director with solid client services experience in healthcare who can lead client strategy engagements and oversee project execution as well as drive new business opportunities. The position offers a great opportunity for an individual with a passion for healthcare to work with leading clients in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical devices and health IT fields.
- You have a passion for brand: Getting under the skin of audiences and what makes them tick is what drives your approach in developing communications that resonate with them. Maintaining and protecting strategic vision for the brands you work on is critical to you
- You thrive in an environment that requires constant learning and innovation: Cultivate and maintain in-depth knowledge and understanding of the changing healthcare environment to guide account teams and help W2O continue to be a leader in the space
- You’re a natural leader, but love working as part of a team: Act as day-to-day representative across multiple healthcare accounts as part of an integrated team; help direct the execution of a range of multi-channel tactics for several clients
- You have a minimum 7 years of experience, primarily in brand promotion, with client service experience in healthcare agency environment
- You’re super creative: You can write compelling, engaging and fresh briefs and work with creative teams, including designers and copy writers, to develop exceptional deliverables for our clients
- You have excellent judgement and can make objective decisions and keep the team informed, but also know when to raise a red flag
- You have a flair for exceptional client service and management of multiple accounts
- Ability to work within, and lead cross-functional teams internally to deliver outstanding client work
- Viewed by client as the owner of the client/agency relationship, and be responsible for the development and protection of this relationship
- Viewed by the account team and wider agency as a leader, establishing strong working relationships across departments, demonstrating both strategic and tactical ownership of allocated accounts
- Strong strategic acumen, with experience guiding and executing global, regional and local campaigns
- Willingness and ability to seamlessly flex between big picture strategic development and ad hoc guidance, all the while ensuring flawless execution of associated tactics
- Able to plan and lead strategic planning sessions both internally and with clients
- Play an active role in the development, training and motivation of team. This extends to recruitment and line management
- Ability to identify, support and drive new business operations alone and as part of a wider team
- Ability to identify, support and drive organic growth
- Knowledge of agency annual planning, forecasting and client service team resourcing
- Lead operations around the management of client budgets, tracking of project budgets, staffing and team utilisation
- In-depth understanding of industry regulations in the UK and across Europe
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple internal teams, projects and clients simultaneously
- Monitor work flow and alerting senior management of any immediate or long term needs to ensure the delivery of outstanding client work and safeguard staff morale
- Support the development of more junior team members, including supporting day-to-day activity development as well as reaching individual goals
- Manage internal timeframes whilst maintaining realistic expectations of others
- Remain calm, prevent panic and maintain a positive approach, which is imparted upon others
- Ensure production of inspirational creative briefs which are well thought through, based on insight and are appropriate for the task
- Deliver strong verbal briefings, and support briefings from more junior team members
- Ensure briefs are produced in a timely fashion, ensuring input from all relevant internal stakeholders (including accounts, creative and tech dev)
- Lead the provision of considered and constructive feedback on creative work upon assessment against briefs
- Present and defend creative work with confidence
- Keep key internal stakeholders informed of timelines and key development stages for projects
- Keep close contact with clients regarding project burns, any external costs and billing schedules
AGENCY REPRESENTATION REQUIREMENTS
- Engage with, and behave in accordance with, W2O Group’s core beliefs
- Contribute positively to the culture of the agency
- Commercially responsible for the impact that decisions have on the financial and commercial strength of the agency, and act to maximise these at all times
- Support the agency in reaching its goals, and proactively suggest ways to help to achieve these
- Seeks to help improve agency processes, and improve efficiency
PERSONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Good understanding of brand promotion, and experience in production of campaigns and tactics to support this
- Highly organised with a mindfulness of deadlines, the ability to manage multiple tasks based on priorities and a strong attention to detail
- Can make informed decisions to support the needs of team members
- Independent thinker confident in taking ownership of account development, but a team player who enjoys collaboration
- Able to devise and articulate solutions to problems on an ongoing basis: don’t come with problems, come with solutions
- Professional presence, performs with a sense of urgency and with a client service orientation
- Able to manage confrontational situations constructively, ensuring positive outcome
- Confidence to manage upward when required; able to communicate with senior managers when deadlines will not be met or when issues are foreseeable
- High energy, able to effectively operate in fast-paced, growing and evolving environment
- Demonstrated strong work ethic, with a track record of following through on client requests and with high-quality deliverables on schedule and on budget
- Strong written and oral communication and presentations skills
- Good management of Microsoft Office tools (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) – particularly PowerPoint
- Excellent business communication ability including informal/formal presentation and writing skills; this includes confident public speaking both internally and externally with clients, vendors, and affiliates
- Able to identify own development needs and discuss these with line manager and senior leadership
- BA or equivalent work experience required
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page