Freelance Website Designer / Developer in Altoona, PA, USA
BrandDemon Strategy+Design is a marketing agency focused on brand creation and reinvention. One of the biggest challenges facing a business is keeping its brand relevant and top-of-mind in today’s expanded, fast changing and highly competitive marketplace. BrandDemon works closely with clients to drive business growth through brand strategy and design. We combine process and discipline with innovation and creativity, to deliver real results.
BrandDemon founder, Colleen Devorris, has over 3 decades of brand-building experience with world-recognized consumer product and retail firms and advertising agencies, including Procter & Gamble, Revlon, Sheetz, Leo Burnett and Hill Holliday.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Develop functional, appealing, branded websites
- Turn wireframes, and design mockups into functional websites
- Provide website maintenance and enhancements
- Identify and troubleshoot various website issues and coding problems
- Create custom WordPress themes
- Develop websites using content management system frameworks
- Create quality mockups and prototypes
- Developing features that bring design concepts to life and improve the user experience
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implement SEO strategies in web design
- Responsive web design Cross-browser/cross-platform compatibility
- Participate in meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
Skills and Requirements
- Portfolio or samples of past work and projects
- Experience with modern web frameworks such as Bootstrap, Node.js, Angular, React
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Experience working with Content Management Systems
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git, Bitbucket)
- Understanding of the entire web development process, with an emphasis on front end design and development
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented, and have the ability to manage multiple projects at one time in a fast-paced, deadline-drive environment
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information - Technology or Web Design/Development related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 3+ years’ web development experience required
- Degree in Digital Design, Graphic Design or related field preferred Commensurate experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Blair County, PA (Preferred)
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page