Senior Full Stack PHP Developer - Freelance Contractor in Houston, TX, USA
Freelance contractor must have practical programming experience in:
- Version control software CVS (Concurrent Versions System) or GIT.
- Practical experience in website development and website designs.
- Strong MySQL and SQL experience (CRUD) to build relational databases & normalized databases to load data (images, photos, text) into columns and rows in tables in web pages, designing tables, relational structures, and writing complex queries.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
- Successfully developed robust scalable websites hosted by a popular commercial web hosting service. Experienced in website security, logon authentication, performance enhancement, encrypted data to protect and secure data.
- Experienced in modifying code in the affected areas in websites to enhance the websites in order to handle a very high traffic without crashing in the future.
- Experienced in using the cPanel (Control Panel) and popular development tools commonly provided by a poplar commercial web hosting service.
- Successfully developed and integrated the interface (or API) with social networks, such as Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Tweeter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat, Viber, Tango, etc. and mail services, such as Gmail and Yahoo.
- Implemented SEO techniques, interface with PayPal, and Google AdSense, etc.
- Experienced in investigating, or viewing source code, or asking web-masters and/or respective IT dept of third-party websites to provide deep links to other third-party websites (such as accessing deep links to weekly ads and holiday sales in dept stores, and supermarkets, etc.)
Implemented ads and banners in websites
- Implemented automatic email sending, stored data in the filled-in fields in web pages in MySQL databases and retrieved data from MySQL databases to update fields in specific web pages.
- Implemented version control system (like CVS) for release control.
- Performed unit testing by unit test tools (like PHPUnit).
- Experienced in using web tools to detect broken links. Experienced in using website performance improvement techniques to improve response time
- Experienced in migrating websites to another higher performance web hosting service, ultimately migrating websites to a cloud environment or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
OTHER SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must speak English fluently and write English well. Excellent communication skills in English, and excellent inter-personal skills and a team player
- Must be capable to work completely independently without technical help and without supervision in all the development phases and adapt to change in an ambiguous environment and dynamic design changes.
- Must have a laptop or a desktop computer having Windows 7, 8 or 10, with at least 4 GB RAM, and free disk space of at least 10 GB.
- Must have personal working Internet connection in order to access a web hosting service in the USA.
- Must have a smart phone that has capability to do Zoom Video Conferencing, FaceTime calls or has some installed apps (such as Hangouts, Viber and Facebook Messenger installed if you are in another country) in order to have regular brief daily telephone calls or video conference calls with an IT Architect located in Houston, Texas, USA.
- Ability to complete tasks & deliver the completed project on time and with very high quality (and low defects)
- Great opportunity to work at home
- Work remotely with a senior IT Architect who had 20+ years of application & web development experience.
- Communicate regularly with a senior IT architect by short phone calls, to discuss progress status, show presentations, by emails & text messages, update on design changes and enhancements.
- USA: BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering
- India: B.E., B.Tech., or MCA
- $15.00 to $40.00 /hour
- PHP, MySQL: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Houston, TX (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- United States (Required)
- 25% (Preferred)
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page