Freelance PR/Social Media Manager (Geek/Videogames/Movies) in Birmingham, UK
Merchoid is a successful e-commerce retailer, specialising in selling licensed, premium, movie, videogame and comic book merchandise from brands such as Marvel, Star Wars, DC, Zelda, and more, to the most passionate fans.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
We are seeking a freelance PR/Social Media Manager to drive interest to our product releases through social channels and outreach into the geek community. You will be promoting products based on movie, videogame and comicbook licenses by writing and distributing press releases, working with influencers, managing our social pages and other PR related activities.
You will be required to work 10-20 hours per week, the scheduling of which can be discussed to fit around other commitments. The role would ideally suit a freelance journalist with existing experience of social media and writing for geek related publications. The role can be performed remotely, or from our offices located near Birmingham.
Key activities will include:
- Writing press releases
- Obtaining as much relevant coverage as possible
- Reporting on campaign results
- Arranging samples for influencers and sites
- Identifying and building relationships with influential sites and persons
- Posting engaging content on social channels
- Bringing a voice to our social channels
- Engaging with customers on social channels
You will need to:
- Have a passion and deep knowledge for geek movies, videogames and comic books
- Have an upbeat and positive personality
- Possess excellent organisational skills
- Have relevant experience in PR or journalism
- Display evidence of strong social media skills
- Ideally, have strong links within the videogame/movie/geek media
The successful candidate will have:
- An excellent PR or journalism portfolio
- Evidence of strong social media skills
- Please include a link to your portfolio in your covering letter
- Freelance rate of £9.75-£10.25 per hour
- Work remotely or from our offices near Birmingham
- Flexible hours
- 10-20 hours per week work, depending on the product release schedule
- Opportunity to work alongside your favourite brands
- £9.75 to £10.25 /hour
- Public Relations: 2 years (Preferred)
- Journalism: 2 years (Preferred)
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page