Copywriter in New York, NY, USA
MKG is searching for a highly imaginative inspiring freelance Copywriter to generate big ideas. Reporting to the Creative Director, this role will be responsible for supporting the creative process from ideation to development. This person should have the ability to understand the “big picture” and offer macro-level creative solutions to current and prospective clients. Strong experience in brand marketing, sponsorship activation, and client relations is desired. Candidates must demonstrate proven leadership and be passionate about delivering and executing innovative ideas and experiences.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting Creative Director on various client projects and agency creative initiatives.
- Working with a strategist to develop creative ideas and programs for MKG’s clients.
- Developing ideas and programs that meet client objectives using a wide arsenal of tools from live events, sponsorships, partnerships, traditional media, social media, technology, and more.
- Driving brainstorm sessions and creating supporting presentation materials
- Working with new business teams to respond to RFPs and new opportunities.
- Working with account teams to develop fresh ideas and plans for existing clients.
- Partnering with a cross-disciplinary team (including designers, strategists, producers, social and digital experts) to help define and execute concept direction and experience strategy
- Working in conjunction with agency design team to bring ideas to life. (NOTE – this is NOT a design position)
- Ensuring creative output is results driven.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have direct experience in brand marketing.
- Have a solid understanding of the experiential marketing and sponsorship landscape.
- Be incessantly curious about the world, culture, and trends that affect our business.
- Have the ability to think creatively about a variety of challenges and challenge the way we think.
- Have a great sense of humor and a positive attitude about stuff that is sometimes not that sweet.
- 5 years of creative experience in an agency environment.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to take an idea from a thought to a full-blown proposal.
- Ability to deliver strong concepts for both physical and digital experiences.
- A proven track-record of taking big picture ideas and concepts and creating campaigns that flow through all marketing channels.
- Experience working on digital marketing, social media, mobile or other digital media.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and public speaking skills.
- Excellent time management and problem-solving abilities
- Must Love Dogs!
3 month contract with the potential to extend. MUST work from NYC office.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page