Mid-Senior Level Video Editor in Austin, TX, USA
Somnio is looking for freelance video editors with strong creative and technical skills in creative editing, passionate storytelling, and chroma key compositing. This would be a contract position working on a variety of business to business videos. The ideal person would have a strong attention to detail and the ability to change directions quickly, while maintaining a positive attitude and delivering the highest caliber of work.
You will work with a talented team of creative individuals and report to our Head of Video Production in order to craft digital solutions for the often complex challenges faced by our enterprise clients.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- At least 4 years of professional experience as video editor on corporate videos, commercials, and/or brand videos.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop).
- Solid experience with chroma key compositing in After Effects.
- Strong time management and problem-solving skills, with the ability to adapt quickly.
- Technical knowledge of editing systems, sound design, color correction, and encoding.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to project and file hierarchy.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AREAS OF WORK
- Have strong communication skills and a level mindset both in production capabilities as well as team interaction.
- Understand brand guidelines and work within the constraints provided.
- Knowledge and understanding of Adobe Audition.
- Proficient with both Mac and PC operating systems.
- Ability to be on-site as needed for editing sessions and creative strategy meetings.
COMPENSATION + PERKS
- Project and experience based
- Powerful work station on-site, if needed
- Flexible schedule and the opportunity to use our office as workspace
- Freelancer Referral Bonus*
OUR CORE VALUES
- We aim to delight.
- We are intelligence-driven.
- We are fearless.
- We chart our own course.
- We keep it real.
- We love doing great work.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%