Writer/Editor in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL, USA
ATP is seeking a freelance writer/editor to contribute to its digital media channels. The successful candidate must be willing to work evening shifts during certain swings and many weekends throughout the year. The estimated time commitment will be about 30 hours per week. It is preferred that you are based in the Eastern Time Zone (GMT – 5 hours) or be willing to work to an Eastern Time schedule. You must have excellent English writing skills and an exceptional level of tennis knowledge (a quiz will be given to test your knowledge). You will be expected to provide your own PC and software.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
- Generate and post content to website in a timely manner. This includes writing match reports, previews, features, partner content and more
- Contribute ideas for daily content and longer-term content projects
- Contribute to ATP’s social media channels
- Assist with video content uploaded to ATP’s video platform and YouTube
- Assist with management of ATP’s photo library
- Update other websites managed by ATP Digital Media,
- Assist with production of ATP Challenger Tour and ATP Champions Tour content
- Send results/order of play emails to media
- Bring or acquire technical skills required to perform duties, such as basic Photoshop, HTML and video editing tasks
- Assist in managing ad placements.
- Keep key website landing pages updated daily
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent English writing skills
- High attention to detail, especially the ability to write crisp copy devoid of factual errors and typos and the ability to catch errors during proofreading of stories
- Strong tennis knowledge
- Prior experience working on websites and social media channels within the tennis industry is a plus
- Ability to work independently, nights and weekends, and to exercise sound editorial judgment.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page