Graphic Designer in Cardiff, UK
CDB Container Conversions is a manufacturer in one of the UK’s fastest growing trends creating compact, functional & creative converted shipping container spaces for a range of applications across the UK, meeting the modern day demands of living, office & retail spaces for a range of business & consumer clients. As a rapidly growing start-up, we are looking for energetic and intelligent people to join our team and develop a career.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Typical work activities - specialist focus on digital content creation namely graphic design on a casual / part time basis. This could be printed content or web/digital content. If familiar with other forms of media such as video, that will be a bonus.
- The candidate will be expected to have a basic understanding of modern marketing techniques and advertising models.
Graphic designers are involved in developing marketing campaigns to promote a product, service or idea. The role includes the designing of advertising material, events, products and market research. The work is often challenging, varied and exciting. The responsibilities of a graphic designer will vary, utilising a range of packages to meet set briefs which align to a common objective of raising awareness of a new company.
Typical work activities
The candidate will be expected to have a basic understanding of modern marketing techniques and advertising models, whilst no experience is necessary, the passion to learn and develop is essential. You will be responsible for the development and integration of a series of marketing campaigns.
Tasks typically involve:
- Liaising and networking with a range of stakeholders including customers, colleagues, suppliers and partner organisations; communicating with target audiences and managing customer relationships; sourcing advertising opportunities and placing adverts in the press - regional/industry specialist publications - depending on the campaign;
- managing the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters, e-newsletters etc.
- writing and proofreading copy;
- liaising with developers and printers;
- organising photo shoots;
- arranging for the effective distribution of marketing materials;
- maintaining and updating customer databases;
- attending events such as conferences, seminars, receptions and exhibitions;
- conducting market research if necessary;
- contributing to, and developing, marketing plans and strategies;
- managing budgets;
- evaluating marketing campaigns;
- monitoring competitor activity;
- supporting the marketing manager and other colleagues.
YOU MUST BE
- Self-starter / driven /ambitious
- Highly organised
- Good communicator & confident
- Commercially minded
- Locally based - Cardiff
- PACKAGE FOR THE MARKETING EXECUTIVE
Individual Training Budget
- Excellent career opportunities as we continue to grow
- Hours Monday to Friday 9-5pm
- Monthly lunches, social nights out once a month
- Fun, sociable culture
- part time / freelance / casual / work from home or office
- employed part-time or self employed, whatever suits the right candidate
- Part-time, Temporary, Internship, Contract
- Graphic design: 3 years (Required)
- Cardiff (Preferred)
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page