Product Writer in London, UK
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is the world’s leading online luxury fashion retailer. The Group is a Global company with Anglo-Italian roots, the result of a game-changing merger between YOOX GROUP and THE NET -A-PORTER GROUP in 2015.
Studio Production produces world-class visual assets for NET-A-PORTER, MR PORTER, YOOX, THE OUTNET and ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES Powered by YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP. Operating from our London HQ and US studio in New Jersey as well as Italian centres for excellences, our team includes Studio Coordinators, Product Library, Styling, Size and Fit, Photography, Video, Retouch, Product Editorial and Translations teams, with many working across a combination of all Group’s websites each week.
The Product Editorial team are currently seeking talented people to join them in the London HQ as Freelance Product Writers. The main purpose of this role is to help ensure all products are described in an accurate and reliable manner, in clear and concise English and represent the NET-A-PORTER or MR PORTER ethos.
“We are the voice of the Net-a-Porter Group’s shop floor, speaking to our customers directly from every product page. We are their most trusted style advisor and fashion confidante. We research, write, edit, translate and publish informed, accurate and innovative copy in four languages, from two locations.” Product Editorial team
- Produce first draft product descriptions to daily deadlines, ensuring they are dynamic, concise and accurate for either NET-A-PORTER or MR PORTER.
- Check over your PIDs (products) in CMS and on live site, making note of edits.
- Keep apprised of relevant designer information, styling trends and construction techniques.
- Write Designer Landing Page copy as requested, clearly communicating to the customer the USP of the brands
- Assist with site audits as required and contribute ideas for product page development.
Work to daily deadlines.
- Complete various ad hoc duties.
- A degree in Journalism, Creative Writing, Marketing, Fashion - Merchandising or any other fashion-related concentrations and previous writing experience that indicates a strong editorial point of view and sound knowledge of womenswear-specific or menswear-specific fashion, fabrics and brands.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – a strong grasp of spelling and grammar is essential.
- Excellent organisational skills, great multi-tasking skills and a very strong attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Familiarity with MS Word, Powerpoint and CMS.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page