Web Developer , MRM/McCann in Birmingham, MI, USA
A team player with experience in website production, you will be able to share your skills and experience with fellow coders while working as a key contributor to the production of our many high profile websites.
We work with leading-edge technologies, which change continuously. Therefore you must be keen to learn new tools and technologies, pick up and understand new systems and processes and enjoy problem solving. You will face several different projects in parallel so you must be able to handle more than one project at a time and be mindful of the importance of timely delivery. You will be comfortable with the responsibility of looking after live content and overseeing others work. You will be a good communicator, able to share your knowledge and ideas with others.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
- Apply client-side expertise to website production projects.
- Share knowledge with fellow coders and encourage best practices during development.
- Suggest and help develop processes for improving development workflow.
- Support and encourage other developers.
- Stay abreast of developments in web-site technologies and techniques.
- Take on role of “Webmaster” for a number of sites. Focusing on client-side, this involves
- Keeping site documentation up to date.
- Staying abreast of any guidelines concerning the site.
- Performing daily maintenance and site improvements.
- Gain knowledge in server-side coding and a basic familiarity with Java, especially where AJAX functionality is concerned.
Education and Experience:
- Must have raw (non-WYSIWYG) HTML programming experience.
- Must have knowledge of cross-browser issues and solutions.
- Must be able to apply best practice working methodologies and processes.
- Must be familiar with standard software-development lifecycles and project-management methodologies (such as Agile).
- Working knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop/
- Great attention to detail and QA testing are paramount.
- Must have a keen interest in web-site technology and aptitude for problem solving.
- Experience in solving accessibility issues a plus.
- Minimum 1-2 years commercial experience.
Minimum technical skills:
- Bootstrap or similar
- Photoshop image preparation for the web
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page