Product Designer in New York, NY, USA
Do you pride yourself on designing beautiful interfaces and intuitive experiences? WayBetter is looking for a Freelance Product Designer to join our growing design team.
We’re looking for someone who has deep expertise in digital user interface design, along with a versatile skillset that covers graphic design, product design, and brand design.
You’ll be joining a small creative team led by people with tons of vision and talent, who come out of companies like Google Creative Labs, Palantir, Uber, and Airbnb.
The interfaces and products you design will be used by hundreds of thousands of people, and you’ll know that you’re contributing to improving lives by helping players develop healthier habits. We value ambition, talent, and enthusiasm; you’ll thrive with the opportunity to make this role your own as we scale to from 30 to 100 employees.
You will work side by side with our Lead Product Designer and Creative Director to improve our existing products (across iOS, Android, and web), and launch new ones.
- Transform wireframes into intuitive, beautiful interfaces and workflows
- Design compelling and on-brand product visions and UI specifications
- Explore creative solutions to complex problems
- Deliver polished comps and assets to team members
- Collaborate effectively with the design team and product management
- Invent and iterate on visual frameworks and design patterns based on product needs and brand guidelines
- Offer and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise the bar for design quality
- Advance a strong point of view, supported by customer insights, design principles, and industry trends
- At least 3 years of experience designing products and experiences for web and mobile
- A strong sense of typography, photography, color, and spacing
- Mastery of design patterns and information layouts
- An understanding of how web and mobile applications work and are built
- Ability to empathize with users with varying backgrounds and needs
- Proficiency in Sketch and/or Adobe Creative Suite
- Great organizational, communication, and multitasking skills
- Ability to adapt and focus in a fast-paced startup environment
- Excellent taste and aesthetic sensibilities
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page