Web Designer (Remote)
SmartBug Media, a leading digital and content marketing agency, is seeking a skilled web and graphic designer with expertise Sketch and InVision. Branding and layout experience also required. Motion graphics experience a plus. Agency experience preferred.
The right candidate will have a stellar portfolio of award-winning web designs, 3–5+ years experience delivering high-quality work based on current design trends and standards and enjoy working in a collaborative environment. You’ll be challenged with clients in technology, healthcare, and consumer products and work primarily in website design and development.
This will be a part-time, ongoing freelance opportunity - approximately 20 hours/week. Hours may fluctuate based on workflow. All work can be done remote.
Candidates must reside and be authorized to work in the United States.
- Create home, interior, and landing page designs based on approved wireframe layouts.
- Easily translate a variety of style guides into quality web design work.
- Attend meetings with clients and interpret creative briefs to drive the creation of original concepts.
- Understand various target audiences and personas to craft your designs accordingly.
- Branding and print layout experience a plus.
- Work with the project team collaboratively through our online project management system.
- Deliver quality work on-target and on-time.
- Present your ideas and receive feedback in a healthy and professional manner.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Adobe Creative Cloud products (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Sketch and InVision software
- After Effects, or other video animation software knowledge a plus
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
- 3-5 years experience in designing medium to large websites. Agency experience preferred.
- A strong foundation in web design principles and best practices. Basic understanding of HTML and HTML5 ideal. Familiarity with HubSpot a plus.
- Ability to think critically to solve problems and contribute to concept ideation.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent professional experience) in web design, graphic design or graphic communications.
- Strong typography, color and composition skills.
- An uncompromising approach to hitting deadlines.
- Exacting attention to detail and a “don’t cut corners” attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Experience working remotely a plus.
- Ability to hit deadlines without compromising quality.
- Multitasking ability and time management skills.
- Include a link to a relevant portfolio to be considered
- The portfolio should show your role/contributions to the work
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page