Graphic Designer in Richmond, VA, USA
We are seeking a highly motivated and self-driven freelance designer to work out of our Richmond office. This candidate must be a creative thinker, passionate, and have a strong background in both traditional and digital design. This person will deliver print collateral, digital media, websites, logo/brand identity and more. A deep understanding of high-quality graphic design, typography, color, and brand principles are required. This person will work with a small team to implement primary design direction that incorporates best practices in design for a wide variety of clients. You will work closely with our creative director and account team to produce the best quality of work. Candidates must be adept at managing and prioritizing within timelines for project milestones.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Create and make revisions to print and digital pieces
- Hands on, energetic, organized, and a team player, that takes direction well
- Resizing print ads — Review and send final print layouts to printer
- Basic website updates and preparing final layered PSD files for production.
- Execute changes to existing ads in accordance with client brand standards.
- Understanding of offset and digital printing procedures
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Professional attitude and ability to objectively receive feedback
- Contribute to the success of the agency as a whole
- Work on initiatives independently as well as in a team environment
- Juggle various projects and handle tight deadlines
- Ensure accuracy, consistency, and quality control of digital files
- Must be able to work on site at our Richmond office
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 2-5 years of agency experience
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Experience in quick-paced disciplines is a plus
- Motivated, driven, and passionate about design
Knowledge and skills
- A good sense for design and an understanding of current design trends
- Mac-based designer
- Quick, creative, problem-solving skills
- Skilled in Adobe CS6 (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple simultaneous jobs
- Must perform under time constraints to meet deadlines
- Must be highly organized, and a self-starter
- Attention to detail, able to follow instructions and turn-around work quickly
- Expert knowledge of CMYK and RGB color spaces
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Interest in Ping Pong not required, but highly recommended
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary: $20-$35 per hour based on portfolio and experience.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page