Photographer in Chatsworth, CA, USA
Here’s your opportunity to join a great team at our prestigious creative studio. If you are a highly skilled, talented part-time freelance photographer with experience in shooting products for retail, we want to meet you.
The photographer is responsible for creating beautiful product images and image editing. We are looking for a candidate who can show what we make to best advantage. You would be instrumental in enhancing one of the pop culture’s most popular brands, helping express our marketing messages across all channels and media.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
The position reports to the Product Development Director. Quantum Mechanix is fast paced, nimble and game changing. We work on many of the coolest properties in entertainment and pride ourselves in providing a great work environment. If you are collaborative, enthusiastic and thrive in an ever-changing, fluid environment, please get in touch.
Note: We have two office dogs, so you should be canine-friendly.
- Work with product developer to style products before shooting.
- Photograph products according to company standards.
- Name images according to QMx filename convention, process images (including retouching), seek approval before uploading images onto server in correct folder structure.
- Assist in managing company’s photo database.
- Notify appropriate team members when photos are ready for use.
- Incorporate technology upgrades and new systems applicable to the position.
- Keep photo studio and equipment clean and in good working condition.
- Perform other related functions as assigned.
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop.
- Minimum 3 years photography studio experience including minimum 1 year of digital product photography experience.
- Responsible and detail oriented.
- Ability to problem-solve independently, as well as collaborate effectively and respectfully with team members.
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to quickly prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Portfolio must include product photography work.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle.
Traits We Value
- Genuine enthusiasm for great marketing imagery.
- The drive to see projects through to the end and deal with setbacks along the way.
- Collaborative mentality: ability to get things done as a team.
- High standards in creative execution and appreciation for excellence.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-confidence and composure to accept criticism, learn and apply feedback to improve outcomes.
- Resourcefulness and fearlessness in solving problems and overcoming obstacles.
- Humility and generosity of spirit.
- Competitive. Paid on a job-by-job basis.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page