Editorial Producer in New York, NY, USA
Freelance Editorial Producers help manage and coordinate content across SNY platforms, are production specialists who deliver great content using data to drive decisions. Part-time Editorial Producers, reporting to the Senior Editorial Producer, will help coordinate a team of writers and editors to ensure that the network provides users with the most relevant, timely and engaging New York sports content possible.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
- Proactively propose original, timely and innovative stories covering New York sports.
- Produce, write, edit and post stories (textual, video, photos, and audio) to our digital properties utilizing a content management system and other digital tools.
- Help post and manage the placement of content on the SNY home page that reflects the most relevant and timely news in New York sports.
- Report on various events (games, practices, etc.) and provide articles in timely manner covering the key news/storylines of the day.
- Promote content with journalistically accurate, creative, engaging and SEO friendly headlines.
- Assist Senior Editorial Producer with editorial calendar by working with insiders, video and social team and to develop story ideas.
- Proactively search for latest and relevant content around the web, social media and other platforms that can be spun into stories relevant to our fans (“content mining”).
- Work with video creation team to plan and release compelling video to our platforms.
- Produce newsletters, manage alerts.
- Must be a passionate writer/editor with a deep knowledge of New York sports and its professional and collegiate teams, who knows how to aggregate, find and program engaging sports content.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience editing & producing digital sports content
- Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice – shifts range anywhere from as early as 7 a.m. or as late as 2 a.m.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; degree in Journalism, English, Marketing/Advertising, Communication or relevant area is preferred.
- High level social/mobile media understanding. Candidate should have high proficiency using Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, RSS, smartphones and tablet devices. Checking blogs, monitoring major sports sites, and following sports media personalities on Twitter are all examples of activities an ideal candidate would perform on a daily basis.
- Possess strong writing and communication skills. Editing skills/experience is a plus; formal editing background is not required but a keen eye for punctuation and grammar is important.
- Candidate should be familiar with basic photo editing.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a time-sensitive environment. - Organized, detail-oriented individual with strong work ethic, strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Mastery of all of these platforms will eventually be required. However, training will be provided where necessary.
o AP Style writing
o Familiarity with HTML/CSS
o Urban Airship
o Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/Audition/Media Encoder)
o Microsoft Suite: (Outlook/Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
o Google Suite: (Calendar/Docs/Analytics)
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in New York City
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- NBC Sports RSN - SNY
- New York
- New York
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page