Interior Designer in Cincinnati, OH, USA
LOTH is currently looking for a talented interior designer to work with us on a temporary, freelance basis to supplement our Design team. This is a temporary freelance assignment (approximately 6 month assignment at our location) with full time hours.
LOTH is a leader in the workplace product industry with 125 years of history. We are an organization that celebrates success in a customer centric environment. We work hard to substantiate the clients’ investment, creating smart solutions for business environments.
As the exclusive Steelcase dealer in Cincinnati and Columbus LOTH supports its customer with the widest range of workplace knowledge, products and services. LOTH’s competitive advantage is its breadth of solutions and capacity to deliver a greater level of expertise.
LOTH’s Powerful Integrated Solutions of flooring, logistics, services, banking and technology are a unique blend of our knowledge, our wide range of workplace products or value-added services that LOTH has developed over the last 20 years. We truly address our customer needs through their life cycle of product ownership.
LOTH is looking for a Contract Interior Designer to join an amazing team to work on creating evidence-based designs for the corporate, higher education and healthcare environments. The person in this position will collaborate with our Sales, Coordination, and Installation teams to create the best solutions for our clients.
- Conducting client interviews and programming.
- Translating programming information and current evidence-based research into concept interiors for commercial and contract spaces.
- Creating client design presentations.
- Gathering detailed project site information and communicating with client project partners and contractors.
- Creating Architectural and Furniture Finish Palettes. Specifying Architectural Finish Selections and documenting for contractor use.
- Creating detailed furniture plan documentation for client approval and installation.
- Creating detailed furniture specifications and installation documents.
- The Freelance Designer requires a candidate with a blend of strategy, technical, analytic and creative expertise.
- Effective Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Thrives in collaborative, team-oriented work environment. Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings.
- Collaborative Spirit: Excellent interpersonal skills. Acquires and maintains positive relationships internally and externally. Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with senior level executives.
- Demonstrates Initiative: Strong business acumen. Professional presence. Takes responsibility for work and actions. High level of integrity.
- Creative Problem-Solving Skills: Excellent organizational skills. Excellent critical thinking skills. Determined to deliver excellent results with creativity. Ability to seek out appropriate information to make effective decisions.
- Proactive and Motivated: Self-driven and results-oriented. A clear focus on high quality and creativity. Takes risks and champions new ideas. Prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Interior Design Degree from 4-5yr Accredited Interior Design Program.
- 3-7 years of design experience.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, 20/20 CAP or equivalent, Sketch-Up
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to travel outside of the office, including occasional overnight travel.
- Personal character in accordance with company’s core values and beliefs. Required to pass a drug and background check.
Preferred Job Requirements:
- CET Configura experience
- Related office furniture experience
- If you are looking for a great career opportunity with a profitable company eager to build their team, apply today!
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page