Junior Motion Designer in London, UK
At Starling, we’re on a mission to help customers around the world live a healthier financial life, and change banking forever. We have a world class team and we’re looking for a Graphic Designer to join us.
While we are a fully licensed UK bank, we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company and are obsessed with providing our customers with the best banking app and money management experience around.
Everyone at Starling gets the chance to own interesting things from day 1, and we’re told one of the best things about working here is the ability to achieve a lot in a short space of time.
Since our launch we have grown to having over 400k customers trusting us with over £100m of their money. We’ve also won the Best British Bank award, and grown our team to over 300 people, all based in our East London office.
To support our growth, we’re looking for a junior motion/graphic designer to join our social and content team, initially on a one-month contract.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the concepting phase of briefs for social, website and paid advertising
- Deliver engaging motion design and animation projects for said briefs
- Assist our art directors and copywriter with storyboarding where needed
- Work on a fast-paced team where you may need to work on a number of projects at once
- Good working knowledge of the Adobe Suite, especially After Effects. Experience with Final Cut Pro X is also advantageous
- A good understanding of the full process from concept/creative to delivery
- A thirst for knowledge; keeping up to date with social/content trends and techniques
- A strong eye for composition, colour, typography, movement and depth
- Good timekeeping skills. We’re a startup so it’s a fast paced, and you’ll need to meet deadlines and demonstrate a level of flexibility to ensure work is completed on time.
- Able to communicate well; if something goes wrong, speak up!
- Collaborative team player and able to take feedback on board
- At least 1 year experience in motion/animation field
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page