UI/UX Designer in New York, NY, USA
About the role:
As a Product Designer you’ll be involved in all stages of the design process from kickoff to product launch. You’ll use interaction, visual, and motion design to solve specific product challenges in a beautiful, functional, and usable way. You’ll be a frequent collaborator but also thrive in situations where you own an entire initiative. As a well rounded Product Designer you should love the opportunity of unleashing your skills on every challenge while never losing sight of both the user’s perspective and your own unique point of view.
What You’ll Do
- Work with Product and stakeholders to understand the business context of the work
- Actively participate, and sometimes facilitate, a variety of conceptual design workshops/activities generating a high volume of ideas
- Create the entire interaction structure of a well refined solution in low/medium fidelity
- Deliver product visuals with a high taste level in line with the brand
- Deliver interactive prototypes at high fidelity
- Encourage your peers and evangelize for great design that centers the user
What We Offer You
- A mission and product that stands to make direct positive impact in many people’s lives
- A variety of projects, frequently involving net-new/blue-sky initiatives
- Ability to have a real impact both on the company and on the future of the next generation
- 3+ years of human-centered design experience
- 2+ years in a similar position or responsibility
- Strongest skill is visual design (UI) with well done portfolio
- Strong in interaction design (UX)
- Capable in at least two other related areas (e.g. motion, research, ux writing, prototyping, etc)
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail each and every time
- Comfortable with Sketch, Invision, and other modern design stack tools
- Experience creating native mobile apps
- Strong verbal skills and ability to present, explain, and defend your own work
- You’ve got a portfolio to be proud of and you’re ready to show it off to us
- Empathy for days, especially for our demographic of 18-26 year olds
Self-directed, resourceful and organized, scrappy, bold, and original
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Work has begun on this job
...but don't worry, your next job is waiting for you on the Jobs page