Studio Manager in Brooklyn, NY, USA
We are looking for a Freelance Studio Manager with flexible hours for a creative studio in Red Hook (Brooklyn, New York), namely working with a multidisciplinary creative studio Yellowtrees, which includes the branding agency Jakob Jakob and a Carpenter/Welding Shop.
About the position:
Yellowtrees Studio is seeking Part-time Freelance Studio Manager to manage the new studio space in Red Hook (Brooklyn, New York) and provide support to the Executive Creative Director and Principals of an interdisciplinary creative studio. The position will involve supporting a broad cross-section of creative professionals from architecture, branding, music to art. The Studio Manager will primarily report to the Studio Principals to carry out tasks that support various members of team. We expect the right candidate will grow with this position and learn new skills as he/she expands his/her role over time.
- Providing day-to-day operational and facilities support to the studio
- Ensuring highest-level administrative support (i.e. managing schedules, meeting planning, event coordination, and running errands to keep our studio running efficiently)
- Provide general financial support, including maintaining monthly expenses for the entities working in the studio, and reconciling invoices, petty cash and business credit card accounts
- Oversee travel and accommodation bookings for the studio
- Monitoring and ensuring that the studio is always presentable
- You are service-oriented and work calm under pressure
- You are timely and extremely reliable
- You are an expert multitasker who prefers to work in a non-traditional office environment and can work from your laptop
- You have the unique ability to take direction and follow instructions
- You have a strong attention to detail with even stronger verbal communication skills
- You are a self-starter who works well both independently and collaboratively as part of an integrated team
- You are looking for an entry-level position to eventually manage large creative projects
- Must have an eye for design and aesthetics
- Background in any creative field is desired
- Expert computer skills (Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with social media is a huge plus
- Experience with the full Adobe Suite and InDesign desired
- Familiar with MAC OS a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Part-time, Contract
- $20.00 /hour
- Administrative Support: 2 years (Preferred)
- Studio Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
This job will require you to pass a background check:
Overtime often available:
- More than 1 year
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%