WEBSITE DESIGN + MAINTENANCE / GRAPHICS in New York, NY, USA
Ideasmyth is seeking an aesthetically sophisticated, tech savvy, and self-starting website designer to assist with website troubleshooting ranging for our company website and databases (from design upgrades to fixing broken links). This web freelancer would also be responsible for providing genius-bar guidance on tech issues to Ideasmyth management staff as needed to self-maintain the site as much as possible. Web D + M Freelancer will have the opportunity to polish their design and development skills. Because many of Ideasmyth’s clients wish to build, redesign, or revamp their web presence, Ideasmyth would like to make referrals to this Web Designer as well.
While we prefer someone able to meet in the NYC area, we believe this could be a mostly virtual position, with some weekly on-site work, however candidate must be available to respond to troubleshooting issues within 24 hours (including weekends).
Compensation (can be variable according to experience): $100 monthly retainer fee (for at least 5 hours of work a month) + $20/hr for website tweaks, updates, troubleshooting, tutorials.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
- Maintaining the technical architecture of our current Wordpress site.
- Nimble/IT/Tech Support/Backup experience a plus
- Troubleshooting the web/tech aspect of Ideasmyth
- Formatting content on website etc.
- Developing landing pages for our events, classes and special news as needed
- Quality assurance testing–esp. across all browsers and mobile device format
- Attending weekly Ideasmyth staff meetings (preferably in-person in NYC, Skype occasionally permissible)
- Creating websites for Ideasmyth clients as needed
- Training and tutorials for Ideasmyth management personnel to self-maintain site
- Being a self-starter, leader, responsive communicator and a joy to work with!
- Monitoring company’s web tools (i.e.: SEO, Klout scores, Optimizer)
- Collaborating with the other Visual Interns on integrated design & web development needs of the company as necessary (e-newsletters, databases, social media tickers, interactive forms, etc.)
- Assist in developing graphic materials for Ideasmyth’s upcoming retreats and events
- Assist in developing visuals (videos, graphics, and animations) for our website, blog, marketing materials and social media platforms
- Fluent in various coding languages (HTML, CSS, etc)
- Familiarity with web building platforms, specifically Wordpress and SquareSpace
- Tech and database systems savvy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An out-of-the-box creative
- Some comfort with Adobe Photoshop and light graphic design
- Ideally: Already created at least one multi-page website, ideally in WordPress
- Ideally: Familiar with Google Analytics, UX (user experience)
- Hours: Ability to commit to 15 to 20 hours per week (office hours: Mon-Thurs 9am-2pm) at our West Midtown Manhattan office
- Timeline: Minimum of 3 months, preference to those seeking 6 months of work experience
- Essential equipment: smartphone, laptop and headphones
- Comfortable learning new technology and software
- Outstanding communication skills (analytical, verbal, written)
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Takes initiative, brings new ideas to the table
- Detail-obsessed ninja who enjoys juggling multiple projects
- An upbeat and open-minded goals junkie who enjoys being an awesome team player!
- Insatiable cultural curiosity; never grew out of loving show-and-tell!
- CSS: 1 year (Preferred)
- HTML5: 1 year (Preferred)
- Website Design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Google Analytics: 1 year (Preferred)
- Troubleshooting: 1 year (Preferred)
- WordPress: 1 year (Preferred)
- Website Development: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- 50% (Preferred)
Overtime often available:
Typical end time:
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your hourly rate budget range? (USD)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%