Writer in Belmont, NC, USA
The Gaston Outside (GO) campaign is an image & branding campaign for Gaston County (located directly west of Charlotte). The GO campaign’s mission is to promote to our audiences engaging content (created and curated) that demonstrates all that makes Gaston County a great place to live, work, play, learn & visit. Managed by the Greater Gaston Development Corporation, GO was launched in 2016 and since has enjoyed great success and recognition in improving perceptions of Gaston County.
To support the ongoing campaign, the Gaston Outside team is seeking to contract with a talented freelance blogger/writer to generate engaging, original content and press releases for our blog and our regional media partners. The blogger/writer will research topics and develop consumer-friendly blog posts and press releases that will appeal to our target audiences (Gaston & Charlotte residents, realtors & homebuyers, businesses & developers). The nature of the blog posts and press releases focus on lifestyle pieces, positive Gaston County business and real estate developments, one-on-one interviews, things-to-do, etc.
- Generating, researching, and pitching ideas for posts.
- Writing, editing, publishing, and promoting content consistent with our brand guidelines.
- Advocating to and educating others about interesting things-to-do, new restaurants openings and amenity-based business or service announcements in Gaston County.
- Assembling, drafting and sending Press Releases for regional news partners.
- Maximizing site traffic by utilizing Search Engine Optimization keywords.
- Inviting other bloggers, experts, or other notable guests to contribute content to the GO Blog.
- Staying current on industry trends for possible opportunities to attract new readers or create stronger, more engaging content.
- A commitment to helping improve Gaston County by creating positive content about the region.
- High personal standards for excellence, detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- Local knowledge about Gaston County and its municipalities.
- A bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- Lifestyle-focused content writing experience or familiarity with notable lifestyle trends.
- Exceptional writing, research, analytic and communication skills.
- Creativity and adaptability.
- Strong understanding of our target audiences, their motivations, and industry trends.
- Proficiency with computers, especially content management software, social media platforms, Google Analytics, MS Office, and SEO keywords.
Strong preference for candidates who already have:
- Relationships with regional media partners.
- 1 year + experience in writing content similar to those required above.
- Payment for services can be made either on an hourly basis or monthly retainer basis, with approximately 15-20 hours per week expected depending upon proficiency and output.
- Writing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Belmont, NC 28012 (Preferred)
- 1 year
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%