Director of Photography in New York, NY, USA
Some Spider Studios is a fast-growing media & entertainment company backed by top VC’s and serial entrepreneurs Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara. We are currently home to three channels: Scary Mommy (largest women with kids brand online); CAFE (led by popular national figure Preet Bharara, host of chart topping pod “Stay Tuned”); and The Dad (fastest growing new brand for men with kids) – all built for mobile, social and streaming.
Fresh off our latest funding round, we are accelerating hiring and looking for exceptional talent who will join us on our mission to build iconic brands that connect with millions every day.
Built for the social, mobile millennial mom, Scary Mommy starts conversations with the most shared parenting content online. From the hilarious to the heartfelt, Scary Mommy celebrates imperfect parenting.
Scary Mommy is the #1 mom property online – reaching over 100 million unique people monthly on social and generating over 1.5 billion brand impressions. Scary Mommy is now building out its video unit and looking for a video producer/editor to create killer video. We aim to be the very best at telling stories through video to connect with and mobilize moms on social media.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
The ideal candidate is an original thinker, a playful, hyper-collaborative type, and just plain scrappy and can-do. Candidates must be able to write, shoot and edit, taking an idea from concept to delivery. Must also have a passion for video/graphics social media distribution.
- Plan and direct fun and engaging content, across multiple platforms
- Work with director to determine creative feel for shoots
- Act as the primary cinematographer and camera operator for all shoots
- Able to assemble & manage crew
- Find and scout locations – assessing potential obstacles and issues that could arise
- Instruct crew of camera setups, angles, movement, lighting for shoot
- Ability to mic talent and monitor audio
- Media management of digital video files.
- At least 3 years of experience shooting and editing video for an online or social brand with a proven track record of creating shareable videos
- Strong understanding of and experience with digital video cameras (FS7, C300, etc) lighting, sound, and production equipment
- Ability to make something out of nothing
- Deep knowledge of current platforms, including YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, and Snapchat
- Degree in TV/Film production or related field a plus
- Skills at editing a plus
- Passionate about storytelling and making things look beautiful
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Track video trends across social media and the web at large
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Social Media and project management software
- Good vibes and plays nice with others
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%