Java Developer in Glasgow, UK
This role involves building cutting-edge web services and customising current applications in-line with changing business needs. These services will be supporting web and mobile clients with a high standard for performance and security.
You will have at least 3 years commercial experience in building Java web services.
Ideally you will be a web services developer who is familiar with the full lifecycle of a web application, from technical planning to client-side and back-end development, as well as experience in cross-discipline Agile teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day to day duties will revolve around building RESTful web services which integrate with databases, and other services, to high standards. You will be working on existing and new applications in line with changing business needs and developing well thought out Unit and integration tests. You will be working alongside business analysts, DBAs, testers, React and mobile developers. You should be an experienced developer and have a strong interest in learning about and leveraging new technologies. A successful applicant will be a self-starter who can demonstrate attention to detail via thorough planning, communication and execution.
Required Skills and Experience:
- RESTful web services
- Software design patterns
- Writing unit and integration tests
- Oracle Databases
- Desired Skills and Experience:
- Working with React web applications
- Working with native mobile clients
- Ability to pick up and learn existing projects quickly
- Self-sufficient and able to work alone, but can also work in an Agile development team
- Focused on performance and knows how to get the best out of their code
- Security focused
This is an on-site freelance role and you will be expected to work from our Glasgow city centre studio.
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%