Junior Video Designer in New York, NY, USA
FIRST is seeking a highly motivated, professional, and hands-on Freelance Junior Video Designer to provide support and actively participate in an award-winning Creative & Design team. This role is ideal for a highly creative candidate who can turn concepts into reality through motion graphics and story-tell through the editing process. A successful candidate will have strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and adapt to ever-changing demands.
DURATION: Generally, 2 – 4 week assignments dependent upon project needs
Please note we may or may not have active openings, however we are always looking to build relationships with Freelance Junior Video Designers for future opportunities.
This is a Twine Enterprise project. You need to be a Twine Pro to pitch. Click here to learn more.
- Develop videos, animations and overall video support for industry applications including stand-alone video pieces, talking-heads, explainer animation pieces and event show elements; sizzles, titles animations, opening videos, etc.
- Participate in creative brainstorm sessions and visual explorations for creative development; share new design perspectives and ideas
- Work with production & creative teams to understand project scope and objectives
- Liaise with technical directors & producers to resolve technical and design issues
- Conceptualize designs in collaboration with producers and other designers
- Communicate with internal departments and external resources to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Provide show-ready outputs to accurate specifications
- Research and analyze best design techniques and solutions to create motion graphics
- Assist in selecting audio, video, color, and animation styles on each project
- Proactively communicate issues, opportunities, and insights to the team
- Complete ad-hoc requests as required
- 1 – 2+ years’ experience in video design
- Experience in events and/or experiential marketing is preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Motion graphics & animation experience required. Light video editing is required.
- Advance knowledge of Adobe After Effects & Final Cut Pro is required
- Knowledge of Premiere is a plus but not required
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Professional working knowledge of industry standard design software and tools including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop & Illustrator)
- Ability to develop style frames and storyboard concepts
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and follow-through skills
- Efficient project management skills with the ability to adhere to critical project timelines
- Approachable with a collaborative/team-player attitude
- Adaptability to situations, personalities and ever-changing demands
- Highly motivated and organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks and apply judgment to prioritize
- Ambitious, proactive and resourceful with a calm and flexible approach to handling pressure and stress
ADMINISTRATION & GENERAL:
- Assume responsibility for own environment, ensuring adherence to health and safety policies while having clean smart surroundings
- Work intelligently and ensure that team management is aware of problems or issues which negatively affect productivity
- Accurate adherence to company’s time tracking policies and systems
- Work on ad hoc requests as required
Are you looking to pay or is this a collaboration?
Pay to hire someone
Is this ongoing work or a one off job?
How would you prefer to pay?
What’s your day rate budget range? (USD)
$250-350 (Industry average)
Do you have an estimate of the job or project length?
A few months
Are you a company or individual hiring?
Do you have internal sign off on the hire?
Do you need to hire for a specific city, country or place?
Yes, they need to be at a location (give location in job title)
When do you want to have the freelancer secured by?
What is most important for this job?
Twine can guarantee 3 relevant freelancers for an upfront fee of $650/£500. Would you like to know more?
How many freelancers do you want to contact you?
Do you have a job specification or creative brief?
Yes (please enter this in the description)
Does the freelancer need insurance?
Where did you find Twine?
You contacted me
- Public questions:
Show your interest:
Not sure what to write? Use a template:
When are you available to work on this project?
What's your rate for this job?
Enter your day rate if there's not enough information or it's an ongoing project. You can change this after speaking with the client.
How long will it take? (Optional)
If there's enough information, give an estimate of how long this job will take.
What's your usual day rate? (Optional)
Set your deposit rate:
If approved, the buyer will pay a deposit of 80%